rear wheelhop

Yes. So will new/ good shocks and also new/good bushings in the rear control arms. Also, if for some reason, the triangulation bars are missing, addition of those will help,also addition of a rear sway bar. 

Doug

Stock ride height and proper pinion angle is the best thing you can do to combat wheel hop. If you're running air shocks all pumped up and worn out bushings, boxing your control arms won't make a bit of difference. I previously owned a big block Monte with boxed arms, new bushings, sway bar and air shocks. I also had the triangulation bars mentioned, I think some call them 4-speed bars (not sure why). At stock height, I never had any issues with hop. Put a few pounds of air in shocks and hop started to appear, over 25# and it was ridiculous. I got rid of the air shocks and never had hop issues again.

Hop(e) this helps.

Scott

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

When you apply the power, the pinion wants to roll up, because of the torque being applied to the rear tires.  My guess is that your wheel hop is a result of the upper control arms having worn bushings.  There is a thing called anti squat.  As the control arms go thru their arcs, when the upper & lower control are not the same length, the pinion angle will change.  This can be controlled by several ways, frame height or the angle of the control arms when the car is in a neutral condition.  Some one wrote that adding air to their air shock contributed to the wheel hop.  That's because the air shocks raised the neutral frame height, which changed the pinion angle through the unequal lengths of the control arms, which changed the anti squat, which contributed to the wheel hop.  Hope this helps

• Like 1

Ditto the above. I have adjustable air bags in the rear of mine and can change ride height easily.  Zero air offers the best traction for me..any added pressure brings on wheel hop and poor handling issues. I only add air when the trunk is packed full of crap. lol