2021 Eastern Meet Announcement Aug 5-8 2021

EastMeet2021Logo.jpg

Bristol TN

Bristol All Chevy Show.

This years event is August 5-8

Please contact me Jared1970montecarlo@yahoo.com 

Please send this via PM or email. I'll do mine as example below.. even if you think 10 people might be with you and 8 shows up this helps in planning and other things. 

We should have hotel info this week.

Name: 

Club Website Screen Name:

Total # In Your Group: 5

City & State: 

Arrival Date:

Depart Date: 

Driving Or Trailering:

Year Of Your Monte: 

Registration Class: Street Stock or Modified 

Hotel: Club or Other

2015scslogo_v2final-01_300x200.png

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Glen said:

Quick question… Is the Eastern meet always in Bristol or some part of Tennessee?  Would make for a much easier drive from Chicago then the Western meet. 

The meet locations change each year. This year’s Eastern Meet was in Pennsylvania. Next year’s  Western Meet is in Montana which is the furthest East we’ve had one of those events.

Here is a listing of the previous meet locations.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/photos/meetphotos/

• 2 months later...

I also talked with them today about numerous things and the guy told me that at this point in time they cannot answer any questions.  I did ask if these are firm dates in August and he said hopefully yes but he could not definitely say the dates are firm yet.  He did tell me he would take my name and number and have someone get back to me.  

Just a few of my questions:

1) will we be able to park together as a group?

2)  Will the show price include access to watch the drag races?

3) They seem to want to only download your tickets for access your phone but not everyone has smart phones since I am trying to find out if they will offer any other ways?

4) Will there be trailer parking and if yes will there be Overnight Security for them?

5)  Will the Speedway track be available for a group from our club to do laps around the track for Charity?

6) will we be able to get a group rate for the club?  

7)  Could we get a primary contact person for the club?  

This is a sample of the questions I have for them when the get back to me.  

Bristol would be my first choice if things can be firmed up with them.  We need to get a good feel of everyone who would honestly be interested in attending so we can get a count.

rib

Bristol called me today and was able to answer as many questions as I could remember.  Here is some of the answers:

How firm are the dates of 5th through the 8th.:   It really looks like the dates will be August 6th through the 8th.   it is Friday through Sunday.  Friday will be a "Test and Tune" for the drag races.  There is not really a car show on Friday but that does not mean we would not be able to enter the grounds with our cars and park in the show field area"

Would we be able to get a special Club Rate reduced fee's:  "He will see what he can do to get a special rate of $20 but it may be a little bit more than that.  Still in the planning stages."  

Will our club be able to park as a group on the show field:  "He feels that would not be a problem.  The judging is done by Stock, Street and Modified classes and they usually park all classes together but they may be able to park our club all together but we would need to park by class"

With the show registration does that give us access to watch the drag races:  "Yes.  Access to the drag race spectator seating.  If you wanted to race your car it would need to be classed and there would be a fee to race."

The Bristol website mentions all ticketing will be done through mobile ticketing.  This means your ticket would be stored on your phone.  I mentioned not all club members have smart phones, how will these people gain access:   "This mobile ticketing is for the NASCAR events and not for this show so people will be able to pre-order or pay at the gate for access."

Is this still a Super Chevy Show:  "NO it is not.  We used to refer to it as the Bristol Super Chevy Show but due to threat of lawsuit we have dropped the word Super.  Super Chevy will not be covering this show and will not show up in the Super Chevy magazine"

We are not sure if our hotel will have ample parking for car trailers.  Will you have room on the property for our members to store their trailers and if yes are they in a secure area and will there be security for that area:  "Yes members will be able to park trailers on the property and yes we will have roving security on the entire grounds."

At a past Eastern Meet we held at one of your shows some of our members were excited to learn that for a fee, donated to charity, we could buy tickets to take laps around the Bristol Motor Speedway, following a pace car for 5 or 10 laps.  Will you be doing this again this year:  "We don't have anything set up at this point in time but if enough people from our club and other clubs in attendance want to do this they will see what they can do to make this happen."

How is judging done, is it participant judging or is it professional judging:  "All of our judging is done by professional judging with professional judges being flown in from many areas."

It looks like you have two different judging types, Specialty Awards and Event Awards.  What are the differences:  "On Saturday we have the Specialty Awards which is for things like Best Engine, Best Interior, Best Paint etc., etc. and this judging is done by the professional judges.   On Sunday we have the Event Judging and that is the awards presented based upon the different classes."

It looks like this is a good start.  My contact there feels this is a firm show on their schedule but as we all know Covid my have a say so on this.  According to the news, it seems the vaccine will be wildly available by then and hopefully by August the Covid issue will be on a downward trend by then.  I think this show because of the drag racing, car show, vendor area and parts swap meet and the fact that this is a Chevy Show make this show maybe the best choice for the club but if others have other ideas they would like to share please contact Jared.

rob

Thanks for the update Rob, i'm glad to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

The "show" date is listed on the drag strip website but there is no info posted yet. They do have a "Street Fights" series for people to run their DD's or whatever but i'm sure if there is a drag race that weekend that wont fly.

Nascar used to have a "laps behind the pace car" on race weekends, but they stopped because of insurance reasons. I did it at Martinsville in my Suburban, what a blast. I'd do it again in my truck but I don't have the cajones to do it in my Monte lol 

32 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Thanks for the update Rob, i'm glad to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

The "show" date is listed on the drag strip website but there is no info posted yet. They do have a "Street Fights" series for people to run their DD's or whatever but i'm sure if there is a drag race that weekend that wont fly.

Nascar used to have a "laps behind the pace car" on race weekends, but they stopped because of insurance reasons. I did it at Martinsville in my Suburban, what a blast. I'd do it again in my truck but I don't have the cajones to do it in my Monte lol 

They told me more information will be posted on their website soon.

They told me people will be able to enter their cars to race and there would be charges for that.

Bristol is a short track.  For these laps they do use a pace car to control the speed during the laps and they don't  allow passing. When we did it before they had a photographer taking pictures of the cars and you could buy a picture of your car doing laps.  It was safe.

rob

27 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Rob/Jared: Once you are comfortable that the dates are solid let me know and I will update the web site, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Aaron,

From what they told me yesterday it looks like Bristol will be the location.  Since Jared will be handling this Eastern Meet I will let him give you the go ahead on finalizing the post here on the boards.  Jared, please get with Aaron for this.  Of course as of now we would not have any hotel information or activities information at this point in time since this information just became live yesterday.

rob

8 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

They told me more information will be posted on their website soon.

They told me people will be able to enter their cars to race and there would be charges for that.

Bristol is a short track.  For these laps they do use a pace car to control the speed during the laps and they don't  allow passing. When we did it before they had a photographer taking pictures of the cars and you could buy a picture of your car doing laps.  It was safe.

rob

Yea, Rob i'm sure they will update it as the season goes on. I just wanted to say it was actually listed now which is a plus. As mentioned previously there are a bunch of things that none of us have any control over.

I'm sure for those thinking they might want to try the dragstrip race there will be rules posted on the site, classes, tech info and such. 

Martinsville is also a short track, and yes you followed a pace car and no passing, but the pace car went (safely) as fast as the cars behind it would follow. I'd do it again in my truck, but I wouldnt do it in my Monte, yea I know weird. Now if they offered the Club members a couple of laps in one group I might reconsider. What a photo it would be 

Thanks to everyone going through the processes of getting these meets together. 

• Jared Richey changed the title to 2021 Eastern Meet Announcement Aug 5-8 2021
3 hours ago, Canuck said:

Rob/Jared: Once you are comfortable that the dates are solid let me know and I will update the web site, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Please do August 5-8

Mark T,

The last time we were there for an Eastern Meet I think we had about 10 first gen's on the track at a time.  It was a sight to see.  I have pictures someplace.

rob

Will be watching for club info on this meet. Reservations , sign up, ect. Looking forward to  this years meet !. Will take off work but I’ll be there!...Ron...

I would love to go!  We are going to be in Georgia the weekend before for the Georgia Moonshine Cruise...  I'll have to talk to my wife about doing two events back to back.  I'll keep watching!  

Bob

'72 Baby Blue

On 2/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Ridercoachbob said:

I would love to go!  We are going to be in Georgia the weekend before for the Georgia Moonshine Cruise...  I'll have to talk to my wife about doing two events back to back.  I'll keep watching!  

Bob

'72 Baby Blue

We have had the meet there twice. 2012 and 2017

More activities will be available in Bristol besides the show.  We will have a few scenic places to visit and local cruise ins each night.

I’m going to try to make it at least one day even without my car. 

From the looks of it if I get released to return to work it will be May or June so having exhausted all my leave I might have to work but we will see.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive blocked off the weekend on my calendar, just waiting on the "official" word to book and register. Looking forward to my 1st FGMCC meet