2021 Eastern Meet Announcement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Glen said:

Quick question… Is the Eastern meet always in Bristol or some part of Tennessee?  Would make for a much easier drive from Chicago then the Western meet. 

The meet locations change each year. This year’s Eastern Meet was in Pennsylvania. Next year’s  Western Meet is in Montana which is the furthest East we’ve had one of those events.

Here is a listing of the previous meet locations.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/photos/meetphotos/

Glen,

If you are looking for an additional meet to attend you could do our Eastern  Meet in Bristol, our Western Meet in Montana and in June you could come to Carlisle, Pa for the Mini-Meet I will be hosting there.  We hope to have 30 to 40 Monte's at this mini meet if all goes well.  

Also, I have updated your profile here on the site to reflect you are now a full fledged dues paying member of the club which will open additional forums here on the club website and also you will now notice  a dues paying member badge that looks like this Full Members Dues-paying below your screen name when you post.  Welcome to the club.

rob

Rob, 

i appreciate you helping with my application process and walking my tech-challenged [censored] through it. Once I know my furlough dates for next year I’ll start working the logistics to see what meets lll be able to attend.  Can’t wait to make my first one and meet some of you folks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Bristol today and they expect an announcement by the end of this month.  I know this does not leave much time to request vacation blocks from their employers.  They could not tell me it is a go yet but they do suspect it will happen but again, no guarantees.  Again, we should know something by the end of the month as far as if it will happen in Bristol and if so what the dates will be.

If they do not have this show a new location would need to be selected as soon as possible.  

rob

15 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

If they do not have this show a new location would need to be selected as soon as possible.  

rob

Could it be tacked on to the existing mini-meet at Carlisle if Bristol is a no go? Short notice & lot of extra work I imagine...

It was agreed upon years ago that to satisfy as many people on the East Coast and extending to the mid-west we would alternate our Eastern Meets with a show in the northern area one year and more southern areas  the next.  This way we can satisfy as many people as we possibly can.  There are a couple other areas where this years Eastern Meet can be held in an area to the south such as Pigeon Forge, in Georgia where Jared has hosted a couple other Eastern Meets and in Kentucky where Scott Stephens hosted one in the past. 

Regarding changing the venue to the Chevrolet Nationals in Carlisle....  We draw the largest attendance at the Carlisle meet so when I am planning the Carlisle Eastern Meets I start a year in advance so I don't think I would have  time to properly do the planning nor would I be able to secure enough rooms for our members.  

rob