Looking back

stangeba

Something to think about.
My 1971 Monte Carlo is now 49 years old. So, looking back at a 49 year old Chevrolet today, it would have been built in 1971.
In 1971, If I would have looked back to view a 49 year old Chevrolet, it would be from 1922.

1922 Chevy.jpg

• Like 4

Seems pretty weird doesn't it?  How the technology changes over time and how fast time passes.

My first car just turned "84" years old a few weeks ago.  I'm guessing it will outlive me sooner or later.

I always like to look at a car and try to imagine what was going on at the time the car was sold and what the buyer was thinking when they purchased it.

In 1971, we just survived the 60's: Woodstock, British Invasion, Hippies, drugs, still involve in Vietnam, etc.
In 1936, we finished WWI, still in the depression, car companies going out of business, few jobs, war in Europe, soon into WWII, etc.

DSC02179.JPG

DSC02180.JPG

• Like 5

Packard?

I live several milesIMG_0395.thumb.JPG.e6213f6bbc5a5a205d0f48dedc81c2c5.JPG from the old Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Township, Michigan.

Here is a picture of my 71 at the managers home taken several years ago.

• Like 1

Nice car.  Good eye, 1936 Packard. I would have loved to work at a car test track or proving grounds. The closest I got was I almost landed a job at a Government Agency in Buffalo NY that did crash testing with dummies and everything. That would have been a blast.

That is one awesome car!!!!!!!!! 

I would like a list of your parts please! 😁

I have a few things, like when I thought I should add A/C to my non A/C 71, what a joke, no way I will ever do that but I still have stuff in the basement for over 30 years.

Bruce

If all goes well I will be retired sometime around February of next year. I plan on going through all of my car stuff and make a list of what I have and try to sell it. Watch for something around then. I really don't want to throw stuff away that someone else could use. I wonder if it can be donated to the club somehow.  Any ideas?