Firewall & Radiator Support paint ...

Mike Brichta

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. Does that come in a quart can or aerosol can? Do you happen to have a part number of what you used? I see a couple of Eastwood options for paint.

Thanks!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

What really made it nice for me is that I already had my parts stripped and painted with Semigloss POR15 and I was able to paint right over it.  Now I know it will last a long time. I also have my rear and undercarriage painted with POR15.  That stuff is tuff paint and covers really well.  Thanks again!!

Mike

• Like 1

DO NOT get that POR15 on you though, lol. You'll take skin off before it wipes away with any type of solvent I tried.

The only way I have found to get POR 15 of off your body is just let it wear away in a week or two. And it also helps to put a piece of plastic under the lid because once dried you will have to cut the lid off to get it back open.  Voice of experience

Thanks for all of the warnings.  I've been using POR15 for many years now so I pretty much know how it is and how to work with it.  Always cover up as much as possible, be careful if spraying because of the fumes, wipe down with thinner right after use and never (I MEAN NEVER) get it in your eyes.  Don't ask how I know that.

As nasty as it is to work work, it is still the toughest paint I know.  I love it.  Here are some pics of the undercarriage of my 70 SS El Camino project.

20200616_183624.thumb.jpg.a0f5ab9e3247755e7fd4a1f798242cea.jpg

20200616_183744.jpg

20200616_183717.jpg

• Like 2