Sign in to follow this  
Katman

Quarter Window Power Switch Location

Can someone provide me with the location on the rear quarter window panel (the panel below the rear window and above the rear ash tray) where the power window switch goes?  I've got one picture but it is not of the entire quarter window panel so can't determine exact location.

Hey, Mark, if I am understanding your question, the location of the power window switch in the rear door panels is exactly where the hole is for the former window crank.  Just position the rectangular switch mounting frame over that hole and enlarge the round hole to the rectangular shape with a box cutter.

636.JPG

637.JPG

638.JPG

622.JPG

620.JPG

Those panels are different.  Maybe because mine is a 71.  I'm not switching from crank window to power window.  I had the panels recovered and they didn't mark the spot where the switch goes.  But I'll see if I can use that opening as a reference to cut the hole for the switch. Thanks.

Panels are different pattern but switch location is the same. 

Like MCfan said, the power windows switch takes the place/ same location as the manual crank location. 

If you had your panels recovered wouldn’t the switch hole still be in the cardboard(like) panel?

As part of the kit, the cardboard is also replaced.  I have a general idea of where it goes now so I should be good.  Got to take the seat back out so doing it later this week.

Sorry, had a brain fart! Lolol my 71 "barn find" has power windows. Just took this pic...

IMG_20200712_135409.jpg

Here's a shot of the installed window switch.  Fun times taking back seat and all side panels back off.

Quarter Window Interior Side Panel.JPG

Dang, Mark, you got it 1/4" off!   jk

I know the position is correct because mine is the same. But I think gm should have put it in the center of the pleat. Just for looks.