I've been cheated by my mechanic...

Midshipman

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... interesting... a fire...

Anyway, I'll see you guys on Sunday. What time will you be there, because it will take me three hours to drive down from the North end of Chicago.

about 9 am or so

0900, Aye!

I'm on my way boys, my father is tagging along, so extra hands! See you at about 9 o'clock!

Billie

hey billie,

sorry about that but with the weather bad as it is right now we dont need a trip to OZ. Charles said he tried to call but it didnt go to voice mail. but lets plan on tommorow. So how did ya like the work so far i will bring the cds of the photos for you to post up. talk to ya tonight

alex

Don't feel bad Alex, you're the one doing me the favor.

I'll see you guys tomorrow. What time do you expect to be at the shop? Well... I suppose I'll just ask you that when I call you (probably should do that within the hour anyway).

To you guys and everyone else, enjoy your Memorial Day!

Alex... I think your girl is abusing the internet again... Your phone's been busy for quite awhile now...

So what time should I show up tomorrow, and are we working tomorrow?

Please gimme a call if and when you get this.

If I don't answer my cell (almost dead battery) try my dad's at 847-612-2472

Thanks bud.

Alex,

I called Classic Tube today and had a nice chat with a fellow named "Mike". He has decided that they must have sent us the wrong tubes (although they clearly had (1970-1972 monte Carlo written on the tag).

He is going to arrange for them to be picked up from your house sometime this week and they will pay the return shipping to take them back and look at or correct them. I explained we had allready installed the brake lines, and that we had tried to re-bend then transmission lines but they were just too long. He said to send him any lines we had not instaleld yet and that we do not expect to fit.

I don't think we should send the fuel lines back yet, because they may fit correctly... and we haven't tried them yet. But if you could box up the Transmission lines and include a note from me that I just wrote (see below) and feel free to handwrite any of your ideas on the letter.

You can download and print a copy of the letter from this link.

Also, I called the body shop and we have an appointment for the top to be installed on June 21st. You said two to three weeks, so I figured that would be a good time, and it's either then or not until like early July. How does that work?

in a dumb founded state i realized i have a set of fuel lines and vapor lines from the 71 parts car i can compare them to so i will check them out tonight. Also will i need the packing slips to send them back or did they say just put em in a box and have ready for pickup???

They just said to box them up with a letter explaining the problem. He asked if we could include the old lines too, but I told him my old lines had been replaced with rubber tubing.

If these are lines you don't need anymore, and you don't really need em back... We could send them off too, but I don't know if they'll be returned as well. They just wanted something to compare to as well.

If we decide to do that, lets make sure those parts-car-lines actually fit the car. lol

I apreciate all this bro, thanks.

the main part they need to bend right "for the trans" is metal line which i will send also the other lines i would like to hold onto for referance when i purchase my own later on down the road. oh and the passenger side quarter is fitted and clamped in place will finish fitting it to the extention housing and then weld up i will need to adjust the drivers side some what. "just drilling out a few welds and pushing metal out to fit correctly which was a mess up on my part."

alex