I've been cheated by my mechanic...

Midshipman

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you ask the guy at paddock if it was ins tock or not????? on thier site it said they are out of stock?

He said it was in stock and would be ready to pick up on Friday when I get the rest of the order.

sweet should only need some welding wire then. i think i have another roll will have to check i know i have some for the gas welding not sure bout the flux.

Also, it looks like I will be coming out there this weekend if you guys are going to have time to work on her with me. What day works best for you guys? And who else will be able to come down and join!? (If anybody...)

LOL!

Somehow...I _knew_ you were going to be able to be there this weekend.... Yeah, that means, unfortunately, I won't be able to come down to meet ya and see Charles, Charlie & Alex again.

Ah, well...someday it'll work out wink . LOL!

Good luck...and have fun wink

I called CARS INC. They have a part that is the full skin, from door to fender extension with the wheel housing. It's more than a skin, but not quite a whole new quarter.

They want like $209 a piece for these babies plus shipping. I allready have paid for the paddock parts and have arranged for my dad to drive his suburban down to Indiana tonight so we can pick up the order on Friday...

After reading on these boards, the Chevelle outer wheelhouse will require quite a bit of modification... but everything else should work fine. It's cheaper to just use what we allreayd have ordered, but if you guys think it will be too big a pain in the butt I can try to cancel my order and get a refund from paddock and have CARS INC ship me their parts...

Should we just stick with what we've got?

I get out of class at 1630... so you can expect me around 1800 or 1900.

But my dad who's driving the truck will probably be at Johns by 1730 with the parts.

((Have I mentioned how much I love my father yet today?))

i will be heading that way in a week or so to Chicago and Valpraso ind if some wants to get the quarter from cars to me ( i am about 1 hr north ) i can meet up and save you shipping , i will be gone this weekend just let me know , Roman may be able to bring it up here , i have been working 16 - 20 hr days , just call me if i can help Bill

Leo

I have not ordered it yet. I will most likely order it and pick it up on thursday, and drive it to you guys. We do still want the driver's side one, right?

Also, I will not be able to make it out there this weekend. Apparently it's mothers day and we all know that if a son does not spend the day at home celebrating, he will be in a world of pain.

doesnt really matter i would get ahold of alex and see what he has to say about it. i wont be downt here this weekend i will be down by st louis.

drivers side yes it is crusty at the rear portion up to about 6-8 inches from the rear. also fyi billie the drivers side quarter is in the process of being fitted i have the rear portion clamped inplace and the extention is all lined up with holes set for the extention. i will be finish fitting the crease line and the section behind the drivers side door wednesday night unless alicia wants to kill me since i have been down there 3 night and 1 day a week. so far so good though on the progress.

alex

Ok, I'll get us another outer wheel housing then. Don't we need to get that done and in place before the new quarter is installed?

I'll try to get the new wheel housing to you guys sometime on Thursday...

Allrighty, it's been ordered from the Paddock (Order # 851277) and I popped for shipping. he said it was $17 to ship it, and for that... I'm not driving 5 or 6 hours and burning 30 bucks worth of gas. lollol

I shipped it to your house, Alex... and they said to expect it by the end of this week or on Monday.

ok thanks billie. I am just fitting the panel at this time and getting it ready so when the other parts come in all we have to do is fit the inner wheel house and then weld them in place. I will be getting the extra clamps tonight to help finish the job.

hey billie,

I got your drivers side outer wheel house on saturday so i will start fitting that wednesday night "i forgot it at the house this morning" doooohhh

will let ya know how it turns out

Well boys, summer is here.

I finished my finals and am now on to enjoy the spectacular summer ahead of me!

I allready have ambitions (not concrete plans, yet) to cruise good old route 66 in the Monte. So yeah, I'm ready to blast this summer off it's hinge!

I'm pretty open on my hours now, so let me know when its best for me to come out and help. Otherwise, I'll be spending my time working on my house and doing repairs.

It looks like I have to take a summer course in July, so I'm hoping we can get Molly up and done before then. Because then I'll be in Chicago to take that course, and I allready miss just seeing that car... Let alone driving her!

This georgeous weather is just reminding me how much I miss having a cruiser...

Anyway, let me know when its best for me to come out to Champaign!