I've been cheated by my mechanic...

Midshipman

...I'll be in Chicago to take that course...

*raises eyebrow*

Hmmmm...whereabouts in Chitown will you be? I guess you'll be a bit closer to some of the events I posted in the Events section than I thought, eh? smile

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well technically not "Chicago".

I will be taking Electromechanical Physics at Northwestern University, on the Evanston Campus.

Feel free to stop in and bug me if you want. wink Hopefully, Molly will be done by then! ((classes start on July 9th, I believe))

we will be down there on saturday i believe and wednesday night but only for a few hours on wednesday...... most every weekend we are down there billie. we got the drivers side wheel house clamped in place and ready to weld on.

actually charles meant the passenger side. not to mention it was fitted in record time compared to daves install of the outer rear wellhouse just over a half hour lol. we are freaking lucky lol.

Hey dave what took you so long lol :Plaugh ....

yeah every saturday we will be down there we also started to fit the passenger side quarter last night as well.

now its just a matter or fitting them all together and clamping down the parts charlie got a hold of the spot welder "does factory style spot welds" so we will be able to rock and roll as soon as the fitment is done.....

now i just need to finish the hood for that matter...

unfortunately friday nights are no good for me now since i need to attend to my relationship "shes bent out of shape since i am spending to much time with another girl... molly that is and if she is reading this its the freaking car of billies ok"

later

alex

Well my brake booster on my driver just expired this morning as I was on my way back to Purdue. So my car has no brakes at the moment and I'm in Chicago. It will be atleast a week and $200 until I'm mobile again... Freaking crappy luck.

Hey billie,

Just some news for you on the car. The trunk floor is toast needless to say the floor has some issues which we can deal with on a later date. but it will need to be patched or replaced. I will get charlie to bring the camera down and i will clear the trunk out to get pics but it does not look good. I will finish up the install of the wheel houses and have the quarters fitted the rest of the way if not welded this week hopefully. As for the time line with charles in texas for an unexpected loss it might take a hair longer but if it is not down by the end of the month "body work and prep for paint" then i will move it out to my house so john can start on his GTO. This will also give me some more time to work on it since i would not have to drive home after working on it as well. But we will see.

alex

my flight will be getting into indy about 11:30 tomorrow morning then matt will be picking me up at the airport so i should be home by 3 or so tomorrow afternoon.

Hey billie,

Just some news for you on the car. The trunk floor is toast needless to say the floor has some issues which we can deal with on a later date. but it will need to be patched or replaced. I will get charlie to bring the camera down and i will clear the trunk out to get pics but it does not look good. I will finish up the install of the wheel houses and have the quarters fitted the rest of the way if not welded this week hopefully. As for the time line with charles in texas for an unexpected loss it might take a hair longer but if it is not down by the end of the month "body work and prep for paint" then i will move it out to my house so john can start on his GTO. This will also give me some more time to work on it since i would not have to drive home after working on it as well. But we will see.

alex

Well I've been pulling some duty at the local garage to get some money. Just doing oil changes and stuff... But I have a few hundred saved up, if we need a new trunk. Let me know what all we need, and I'll order it I suppose.

I am hoping to be down there this weekend, but no promises. I just got my driver back from the garage (new brake-booster, and now she's starting to have some serious engine sounds too) but I don't know how she's driving. it started acting really rough and died in the street yesterday. I'm doing a tune-up, carb clean, new sparkies, new distributer today... so we'll see how that helps it out.

If we need floor pans, I guess we can order those now so we only have to pay truck frieght once. (depending on how much I can scrounge up and how much the order will be)

from what i have seen the trunk is the main issue but we would have to pull the carpet to see the extent of the floor pans "in the passenger compartment" i know of one hole that i shown you when you were down the first time. this is just to let you know you dont need to buy them now but you can if you want and we can do it after john has the frame done on the GTO. He is getting anxious to get on his baby. We will finish what we have now then get that down at a later time so you can enjoy her for a while. also the drop down on the drivers side front section will need patched which i think i can fab that with the remaining sheetmetal so you shouldn't need to buy it.

alex

depending on how the next couple weeks go we might be able to put it in my garage ultimate street machines back in champaign will be doing my new quarters the first week in june.

hey billie,

with the time table we have i would say wait on it for the time being this way you can drive your car for the summer otherwise it will take a while longer cause we will have to remove the gas tank after draining it and some other stuff as well "can't remember off the top of my head." let wait and see what we find after empty the trunk out.

Fyi i am better at welding steel sheetmetal than i thought... the patch for the passenger side sail to quarter area is in and it looks darn good i just need to finish up one area on it then grind the beads flush with the panel. i have photos i just need to get them developed and put on disk and will send them your way. the passenger side outer wheel house is welded in place the rest of the way and the drivers side patch is made and just needs to be welded in along with the outer wheel house..... then the quarters and hood are next.... i am loven it this is cool we might just make the deadline. we will see.

alex

oh FYI i will not be able to be at the shop saturday but i will be there sunday bright and early so if your coming down billie just give me a holler

309-722-3205

alex

I cant make it this weekend. I had planned on coming, and even went and got gas for my car today (woohoo! it runs!) when I was informed that I WILL be marching in a memorial day parade thats a week early. so mad

I'm going to see if I can make it down the next weekend, but I'm allready slated to be the greasemonkey at the shop... so we'll see... God, and I thought summer would make my days less busy... silly me.

Well Billie,

The wheel house is modified via slight adjustment tool as well as welded in on the drivers side along with the patch i fabbed. the drivers side quarter is almost ready to begin welding on and the patch on the passenger side is completely welded in. monday night i will be grinding off the excess and smoothing them out along with getting the passenger side ready to fit the quarter panel. so we are getting there. I did not have time to take all the stuff out of the trunk so i will do that monday night. I will also get more pictures of the steps i have done for ya.

i will e-mail them to ya as soon as they are out of the photo lab.

alex

Are you guys interested in seeing me this memorial day weekend? Or will you guys be enjoying it with your families like normal people?

we will be around unless the storms relocate us lol. i have a garage sale i am doing this saturday but will be out there sunday and monday. oh your in for a surprise when you get here....

alex

I hope this surprise has NOTHING to do with the vast amounts of rain lately and the flood plain that John built his garage on.....

lol I'll plan on seeing you guys this weekend then!