Freshen up exhaust manifolds

Canuck

What is the best thing to do with my exhaust manifolds? They have never been off the car before. I want to get them freshened up and want them to look good for a long time.

I had mine ceramic coated and they are almost bullet proof. Trick is doing them inside and out with the ceramic coating and it is hard to find a good coating place that will get as far inside as possible.

hey Aaron we have a old race guy that ceramic coats headers and exhaust manifolds, and anything else you like.  He is here in Oregon and I have used him on 3 different projects.  This last winter he coated a pair of LS manifolds black for $275 and they look great

http://finishlinecoatings.com/  

Has anyone had good results with Slip Plate or similar coatings? I want something that will last a long time.

B6A5DEB8-82C2-4BF9-8303-7A312EC80C31.jpeg

What’s the best way to deal with the tin heat riser in the manifolds? How are you guys restoring that part and reinstalling on the manifold?

Steve is right.  You can buy the small block ones aftermarket.  I bought one along with the rivits.  Once you have the manifold off it isn't real hard to remove the old rivits and the new ones just tap into the holes where the old rivits were removed.

rob