power steering adjustment

wallaby

Is there a way to adjust the power steering boost?

I have my pump running both the steering assist, and a hydroboost power brake unit...both are very touchy.

My steering feels over assisted, and there is no feel of the road...the brakes require just the weight of my toe. Panic stops almost always bring on wheel lockup.

Is there a way to dial down the amount of assist I get? I want to have more weight to the steering, and use a little more leg  when braking.

I just installed it in mine.  Mine seems like the opposite. My brakes feel almost like manual brakes.  The pedal goes about the same amount down before they come in to play but you push them harder than power brakes to get it to stop (not quite as much as manual would be but close).  The first time it was on the road was today for about a mile so hopefully it will set it.

You just installed hydroboost?

The only problem I had with mine was the return line. I used a bulkhead connector to a flat spot on the side of my PS pump, and it was too close to the fluid level inside and would aerate the fluid. I had to modify the neck on my pump to raise the fluid level to stop that from happening. I still have dreams of welding a different connector near the bottom of the pump, but at the time I didn't have a welder.