Back in the booth

7tonemonte

Well, my Tech Rep position was short lived. Started in January as a way out of the day to day painting activities. 

Due to Covid, I got furloughed in March. As of July 1 my position was eliminated.

I have tried the paint company route, noone is hiring, positions are slim as the technical aids are being called on less due to body shops being slow. 

Thankfully I didnt burn any bridges with the company I used to work for. I asked about returning, and they were happy to have me back. Not at the old location, because I would never return there again. New one is abut 1/2 hour away, not a big deal. I had several offers to go back to painting, and I basically picked the best situation for me and my family. So, unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, Im back in the booth as of Monday. Back where I am most comfortable anyway, until I find a way out, this will be it for me! 

Doing what I have to do for my family, and the almighty health care benefits! (used to be the almighty dollar!)

Its been a strange year for sure, happy I have this to fall back on!

• Like 3

Hey Tony. 

I know its not what you want to hear, but the saying is.... "There's a reason for everything." Sometimes, heck most of the time we don't know what the reason is. 

I believe you know what it is.... Family and benefits- damn good reason! 

Sorry for the closed door and happy for the new/re-entered one for you. 

• Like 1

Tony, such mixed feelings about this.  I know it is not what you want to do but I admire you "taking one" for the family.  We all have to do what we need to do to support those we love.  Anyone who knows you, and Alli, know how dedicated you are both to each other an those beautiful kids.  For those who know you are aware of the sacrafices you have both made in the name the love for the family.  You are one of my hero's.  I am one of the people who has placed their butt in a chair at your dinner table and made to feel like one of the family.  Hang in there, hopefully better thigs are on the horizon.

rob

Hey Tony my heart goes out to you, (been there done that). 

Love trumps everything!!!! You are doing the right thing

This door was open for a reason, Man upstairs looking out for you!!!

God Bless

Willie

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Tony, such mixed feelings about this.  I know it is not what you want to do but I admire you "taking one" for the family.  We all have to do what we need to do to support those we love.  Anyone who knows you, and Alli, know how dedicated you are both to each other an those beautiful kids.  For those who know you are aware of the sacrafices you have both made in the name the love for the family.  You are one of my hero's.  I am one of the people who has placed their butt in a chair at your dinner table and made to feel like one of the family.  Hang in there, hopefully better thigs are on the horizon.

rob

Rob I appreciate this.   Many of the FGMCC are family to us.  It’s a shame we all are so spread apart in distance.  Always welcome at our table, as many are.  We truly do look at you as family , which is all that really matters to us, family

Family... that says it all right there. I tend to look at the positive and it is fortunate that you have options after your other position was eliminated. Good luck in the new position.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony,

I'm so sorry to here the paint rep position fell apart because of this stupid virus🥵

one the bright side you have a profession you can return to to care for your beautiful family.

And me knowing the person you are and that your past employers are eager to have you return says everything about the person you are!

I wish you and your family all the best !💀 (I know you guys love skulls!)

• Like 2