6 Figure Monte SOLD

A truly ALL ORIGINAL car! Not rebuilt, repainted, or anything.... All original! Time capsule! 

They are only ALL original once! 

Beautiful car. IDK about the price, but beautiful! 

Very cool, the prices keep going up which is good for us. Unless you never plan to sell and your kids bury you in it......I would hope one of mine would keep it and love it like I do. 

There was a discussion earlier about the car (below) , While I'm amazed at the selling price i'm glad i'm not in the market to buy a Monte lol, not going to complain about first gen's getting some appreciation. If I were at the auction I would have been more interested in the 74 Laguna 454 (lot 11D) which sold for 33K. A bit more realistic if documented and pictured on the web.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

WOW! I found a 1972 350 nothing special, but 8,500 miles (stored 34 years) in 2014.

I put almost 3,000 VERY enjoyable miles on this time capsule by the time I sold it.

(I believe cars are meant to be driven, and was not afraid to put on those miles.)

It had some paint loss on drivers fender from sitting in garage for 34 years, but other than that, it was like a new car. 

The interior, chrome and glass were impeccable! The appraiser listed it as a "True Time Capsule!"

It's true, they are only original once!

I did not get close to the price of this black one, but I did do extremely well and was able to buy my current SS outright!

I will make a full post of it soon.

Here's one pic of it.

Screenshot_20211118-195553_Messages.jpg.c183ff7da0011f682ed4597431b26f49.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rare SS said:

WOW! I found a 1972 350 nothing special, but 8,500 miles (stored 34 years) in 2014.

I put almost 3,000 VERY enjoyable miles on this time capsule by the time I sold it.

(I believe cars are meant to be driven, and was not afraid to put on those miles.)

It had some paint loss on drivers fender from sitting in garage for 34 years, but other than that, it was like a new car. 

The interior, chrome and glass were impeccable! The appraiser listed it as a "True Time Capsule!"

It's true, they are only original once!

I did not get close to the price of this black one, but I did do extremely well and was able to buy my current SS outright!

I will make a full post of it soon.

Here's one pic of it.

Screenshot_20211118-195553_Messages.jpg.c183ff7da0011f682ed4597431b26f49.jpg

I know the guy in West Kelowna who owns it now. I have not seen the car in person yet. He is interested in selling it.