Visibility suggestions

Joyful66

Visibility suggestions, I have a 1970 and there is no right Side mirror.  this makes it very difficult for me when I making a lane change to the right. I have bench seats, and I turn my head but there’s still that Blindspot that I just can’t see. I  thought about a racer mirror but if anybody else has a better suggestion please let me know

• Like 1

Hi Joy.

From the pics you posted it looks like you don't have a factory style remote mirror. IDK if your door panel has a cut out in it.

What you can do is purchase the manual style mirrors for a 70 Chevelle. They come as a set or you can get just the right side.

Hope this helps. 

Morris Concepts makes mirrors for our cars. I have had three sets of aftermarket mirrors and these are by far the best. The more inexpensive ones kept loosening up and then not staying in a usable position. The Morris mirrors have screws on the back side that when the do lossen up you can tweek the screws to tighten the stud so it does not move. These mirrors are a little  pricey but well worth the money to me. Clear shot mirrors. They also have three point seat belts for our cars which I also have. Very nice folks to deal with and very knowledgeable. 

www.morrisclassicconcepts.com

My aftermarket right (passenger side) mirror (that matches my left remote) is knocked out of position every time the door is shut, or you hit a bump.  I didn't see a MORRIS remote rt remote mirror, thanks! 

Bruce

I also have the big bulky one on the passenger side that matches the driver's side factory remote one. 

It hasn't lost its adjustment at all. Especially compared to the much thinner  non remote style. 

IMG_20190925_172013.jpg

IMG_20190928_142427.jpg

IMG_20190925_190353.jpg

• Like 1

Glad you posted this question, both my manual mirrors will not stay set. I have bucket seats so it hasn't been an issue yet so its on my to do list and this will get me to at least start shopping lol 

Inside? The center rear view mirror? Tighten the screw extremely tightly with a big screwdriver. One the same size as the screw so it doesn't slip off and bugger the head. 

And if yours is loose at the roof, remove the cover and tighten the screws .