Idle Speed Solenoid Mounting picture

I have located the idle speed solenoid I was looking for. Willie has offered to me to send Dan (Overdrive) his bracket from his 72 for Dan to make me a bracket. What we are looking for is a picture from a 70 that still has the idle stop solenoid installed to see how the solenoid is attached to the bracket. Please post pictures if you have them. Thanks Paul

Thanks, the 71 has a different solenoid. My carb doesn't have the t looking thing the bracket hooks into. Willie sent a picture of his bracket which looks like the correct mounting for my carb. But the 72 also has a different solenoid. Attached are the pictures of the 70 solenoid and Willie's picture. I have searched high and low for a picture of the 70 mounting.

IMG_1637.JPG.7617e4be2c144d805ed1d7e2b778cae0.jpg

NOS-DELCO-1114421-Idle-Solenoid-GM-CORVETTE-CAMARO.jpg

This is from a '71 w/402 and a 4 speed.  I have some people on Facebook groups checking for the same bracket that Willie sent me. No luck, yet. 

I've made some headway on a new solenoid bracket. I just need to finish the solenoid hole. 

I have a friend with a '70 SS454 that has the original parts on it. I believe it is the same style solenoid that I show here. Big nut attaches it. I'll contact him and see if he can get a good photo of his. 

Dan

20200729_210208.jpg

20200729_210107.jpg

20200729_122707.jpg

• Like 2

That would be great, fingers crossed. I checked the assembly manual and they only show a 2 barrel. The solenoid was used for 68 - 70.  Do you think they would tach welded it to the bracket? The bracket looks great so far. Let me know. 

Hey Guys, This is the bracket that came with my car. I am not 100% sure this bracket is original at all. But this is what I have. My car is a '72. This is the only bracket that I have seen that runs across the top of the carb to be mounted.

Dan the new bracket looks great!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you, Willie and Paul.

Willie, the carb you have will accept the bracket that is shown by the others here for a '71. The '70 carbs don't have the same features that allow the '71 bracket to fit them. 

The clamp bracket is what I was envisioning would have been necessary for the solenoid that has no threads. My '70 carb doesn't have the necessary mounting holes for that type of bracket. 

Stan Kulikowski has offered to get some photos of his '70 for us. 

Dan

I checked out some spare Quadrajets that I have. A '72 Chevy carb that I have has the tab on the linkage that the solenoid contacts. It would line up with the solenoid and work exactly like Willie's. My '70 carb on my SS doesn't have the same tab and when I held the bracket up, over the bolt and the screw it would mount with, I found the solenoid won't contact anything.

Paul, please check your carb for a contact point for the solenoid. If it's like my carb, the bracket that Willie has won't do you any good. 

Dan

20200805_195321.jpg

20200805_190048.jpg

I think mine looks the same as yours. It looks like I'm in trouble. Maybe the SS didn't come with the solenoid. I'm starting to think that's the case. Did you get the pictures you were waiting for?20200123_173955.thumb.jpg.0a071d57210d92ed2e93656d20e7bffd.jpg20200123_174059.thumb.jpg.e5e19017a791a0a87442b344fc2b9e63.jpg

That's not good news. I would think as many members here with SS cars that someone might have a car with a solenoid but like I said maybe the big blocks didn't have one that year. Do you want to just make Willie one and forget mine. Let me know, thanks for everything

Paul, Willie wants an extra bracket. I've only made one, so far. I thought I'd better try to find out if it would fit your carburetor before I went further, since it won't work on mine. The linkage we have isn't the same as those I've seen with the solenoid. It's looking to me like my car never had one. I restored the wiring harness about 3 years ago, and I don't remember it having a wire for the solenoid. I should have thought about checking the wiring diagram before now.

Dan

Mine does have the connector for the extension at the fire wall. That's what got me thinking it should have had the solenoid. Why don't you make the bracket for Willie and send it to him and I'll pay for it. Then if we come up with a car with the bracket we can go from there. I will hang on to the two solenoids some have them if needed. Like I mentioned before I would like to buy the detent plate. Let me know the damages and I can send you a paypal. 

Paul