Idle Speed Solenoid Mounting picture

I am sorry to hear this. Thought it was going to work out for you Paul. That means the 72 BB cars only had this bracket?  Or is my car wrong? When I ordered the front wire harness the wire for the solenoid was there.  Paul its very nice for you to pay Dan, but I can straighten out with Dan later, looks like you are still hunting down answers. I have other 71SS"s but nothing has carbs so I cant help with any pics. Sorry.

Paul or Dan do you need any more pics of what I do have?

Not a problem Willie, I talked to Dan and he may have a way to create a bracket that will work. We aren't sure if they ever had them on the car. I'm going to hang on to the solenoids just incase we every find a car with the correct bracket. We'll see what happens

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, I made this bracket with your solenoid yesterday. I don't have an original air cleaner to check fit with, but I used my dropped base air cleaner. I would think that if it fits, and it does, the factory one will, but I can't be positive without testing it. 

I'll finish it up in a day or 2.

Dan

20200829_202134.jpg

It's done. It should fit great and there is room for adjusting the solenoid, besides the plunger adjustment on the solenoid. 

The bracket has bare metal in 2 places to ensure good grounding of the solenoid. 

Dan

20200903_052959.jpg

20200903_053010.jpg

• Like 3

Willie, it's not a problem. You had shipping expenses and where good enough to send it as a template and made it possible for Dan to figure the other bracket wouldn't fit. Dan did use yours to make mine and anyway it's already paid for. Someday when I retire and can make it to a meet I'll buy you a beer. Thanks for your help. 

Paul

Dan, I got the solenoid mounted, It just clears the a/c bracket. I will adjust the solenoid this weekend. It turned out great. I have an extra solenoid if any member needs one. Thanks again for getting this done for me. I would be interested to see if anyone ever finds a factory 70 454 setup.

Paul

IMG_20200909_1207462.jpg

IMG_20200909_1207553.jpg

IMG_20200909_1219556.jpg

• Like 2