Tilt Steering column diagram

I'm getting ready to rebuild my tilt, floor shift column.  Does anyone have an exploded view diagram with a parts key / list?  I've been looking online and have found a few, but they are so blurry when you blow them up they're useless.  Any help would be appreciated.

I had to remove the top portion of mine to tighten 3 or 4 bolts because it was wobbling like crazy. I took a few pictures if they help any. I was harder than I thought it would be to do. Good Luck! I have a column shifter. If anyone does remove / lower their column, you MUST unhook the shift indicator cable or you will break it!

Bruce

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

• Like 2

The tilt column is ez pz. Just take your time with disassembly if you haven't done one before. 

Some specialty tools make the job easier. Such as the tool to remove the side pivot pins, the installer/remover  for the snap ring on the center shaft to get to everything else. Also, tilt the column up to the highest it will go, to relieve most of the tension, use a larger Philips screwdriver and remove the cap/retainer for the tilt column spring. 

• 1 year later...