My buddy’s cool legit barn find

Dtret

Not sure on the purchase price.  Looks like a great car to restore or drive as is.  As far as a price, it is a pretty basic car but with it being a 4 door sedan rather than s 2 door coupe it would reduce the value.  Options include Air conditioning, radio, tinted glass but it looks like a powerglide tranny which is pretty basic.  Body looks pretty good.  I would not like to guess on the purchase price because I am not a knowledgeable person on the desirability of the Impala but I just don't think if restored it would bring top dollar due to being a 4 door sedan rather than a 2-door couple.

JMO

rob

I’m not sure what these Impalas are worth either. The low miles and documentation adds some value but not a significant amount considering it is a low option 4-door. I’ll guess $8k.

I like the idea of creating a police car.

That's Tony Baretta's cop car from the tv show!  "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

I’m not sure what these Impalas are worth either. The low miles and documentation adds some value but not a significant amount considering it is a low option 4-door. I’ll guess $8k.

I like the idea of creating a police car.

ALOT lower. This is what makes this purchase impressive not so much the low option 4 door

Great car!!!    I had 2 for my daily drivers when I was in high school. A 69 and a 70. Both 4 doors, but ran great. Never had a problem... Until I tried to move that damn light pole.

I love it, she looks sweet.   Good Luck with her!!!

1 hour ago, willie said:

Great car!!!    I had 2 for my daily drivers when I was in high school. A 69 and a 70. Both 4 doors, but ran great. Never had a problem... Until I tried to move that damn light pole.

Had a '69 4 door for a couple of days in high school (wanted it just for the motor). Car was a tank, but stay away from shopping carts too, lol! It picked up the whole car while running it over, that thing was tough. Car was shot, didn't steer worth a damn after that. We smashed into a lot of things that night, good times...

Only one guess on the price. So I’ll give it up. 750 bucks. Cleaned the fuel tank of sludge and drove it home listening to that wonderful am radio. He said it drive ok but the tires vibrate a little. Been sitting 35 years in a barn. He really didn’t want it ( same reasons posted above) but couldn’t pass it up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 9:45 PM, Dtret said:

Only one guess on the price. So I’ll give it up. 750 bucks. Cleaned the fuel tank of sludge and drove it home listening to that wonderful am radio. He said it drive ok but the tires vibrate a little. Been sitting 35 years in a barn. He really didn’t want it ( same reasons posted above) but couldn’t pass it up

Wow!

The engine alone is worth more than that. 

Good find!

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yes it was and this is sort of what he wants to do

CD2DB105-D164-4930-AB72-4520FAC0A434.jpeg

I don’t know, the passenger of that one may have a different opinion. Looks like it didn’t work out for him so well.

Just now, Canuck said:

I don’t know, the passenger of that one may have a different opinion. Looks like it didn’t work out for him so well.

I told you that it was a barn find. I didn’t say how long it was in the barn 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...