New toy

71MonteCarloMD

Cool - even has running lights in the windshield visor!  I'm guessing a C15 is a two-wheel drive 3/4 ton but my pickup interest, awareness and nomenclature has never matched the autos.  Great that you have something out of the ordinary to enjoy with your son - he's a luck kid!

Dennis, thanks and from decoding the VIN, it’s built in Baltimore plant and a 1/2 ton as I’m not sure if the windshield visor is original to the truck.

By the way, can anyone tell me how I can find engine code to decode if it has 307 or 350?

Back of block behind the heads where the trans bolts up   Been a while but I believe drivers side just look down behind the head with a flashlight if engine is clean it’s really easy to see   Based on it being a truck I don’t think it’s a 307

Edited by Dtret

Behind head top of block where top driver side trans bolt   Look down beside master cylinder behind valve cover with flashlight. It should be very easy to see.  If the engine is relatively clean. I didn’t realize gm put a 307 in the 1/2 ton truck. Learn something new every day