Crazy question for drag racers

1972mc

I am building for street/strip,while doing a full frame off resto, and really do not want to fill up the underbody of my car with rubber during burnouts.

Have any of you racers fabbed or purchased any kind of shield to keep the rubber off the bottom of the car?

Will be running 275-60/15 BFG Drag Radials.

Carl

You are gonna get rubber on the bottom of the quarter panel, the trim on the quarter panel, on the bottom of the car like you mentioned, the exhaust pipe, also you will get it on the inner fender from top to the lower sides...almost impossible to guard against all of this with a shield.

I personally do not have a show car and will just run my hand on the inner fender rolling balls of rubber and letting it drop to the floor, same on the rest of the areas. I will spray detailer on the trim and fender to get any last rubber off the panels.

But... seeing how you have a frame off resto I would use a spray on product to make clean-up easy...just spray it all over the area even under the car. I personally have never used it but have heard comments from people who have and it seemed to work.

I would think this would be the best route to try as it could even be sprayed on the inner fenders where no shield could stop all the rubber.

Here's a link to the product...Burnout Guard

Bill

ged-321.jpg

Dupli-color makes a product similar to the Burnout Guard-

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SHW%2DBP200&N=700+401129+4294865036+115&autoview=sku

I got some but never used it. I have drag radials and they make way less mess than slicks or "street slicks".

(Carl- if you haven't already gotten your BFGs, I would suggest taking a look at the Mickey Thompson drag radials.)

Phil is your wife complaining , tell her a farting horse will never tire a farting mans the one to hire

Leo

lol I'll add it to my resume.

• 3 weeks later...