Pinion Yoke

201fireman

I have a 12 bolt rear end.  I have a new driveshaft made with 1350 U joints so I need to change the pinion yoke.  What yoke is a good one to use for 650 HP? I have Richmond ring & pinion.  I know it is a 30 spline but I don't want to get the wrong one.

How did you measure for the new driveshaft if you didn't have a 1350 pinion yoke on there already?

I just had a shaft made by Denny's, first thing I had to do was get a new yoke for the diff before even attempting to measure. (I used 1330 joints, not going for high HP with this car)

Here are some choices that Denny offers , just scroll down to the 1350 section:

https://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c57_chevy_12_bolt.html

https://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/app/webroot/img/File/how_to_measure_diagrams/b.html

Yea I know. I had the driveshaft made with the 1310 in the back (dumb move).  Drove it around and that was all that was on my mind so now I am having the place that made it switch it to a 1350. Costly mistake. I am fortunate to have a place 15 minutes from me that makes shafts for classic/muscle cars. 

Thanks for the feedback, I will check these out. 

Maybe get the rear yoke installed first, then have them cut the d/s down to the correct length after that. Denny was real  particular about getting the correct measurements, no guesswork.

I still got a pretty beefy d/s though, 3.5" aluminum with the forged Sonnax slip yoke upgrade at the front, 1330 front & rear..

Same here, Denny's is about 10 minutes from me as well.

Cool. Yea I got a front yoke, put it in and measured it.  That all worked good, I just left the 1310 in the back.  That's my plan now, get a 1350 yoke and put it in, then remeasure and have them change the rear yoke on the driveshaft and adjust the length accordingly.  I just didn't know if there was a "good" or "bad" pinion yoke to use.

Yeah, that's a good plan you have there. I was just hoping that the d/s place wasn't already cutting it down for the 1350 (it almost sounded that way in one of the posts).

You may want to call Denny about the rear yoke too. He knows the part numbers off the top of his head, and he'll know and recommend exactly what you'll need. Very good about making sure things are correct & also easy to talk to in that regard. Especially looking at the yokes offered on his site, they all seem to have different heights, best to maybe get him to help pick the right one?

On a side note...when I switched to 1350 joints I installed 1350 greaseless u-joints. Being greaseless they are more solid and stronger.