Brake proportioning valve questions

Hey guys do they make rebuild kits for the proportioning valve? I'm not sure if mine works and I'd hate to get my car completed and then have to replace it.. I looked at the aftermarket pieces but they look different from the factory original. If possible I'd like to clean mine up and restore it. Pro's and con's would be appreciated.

Thank you!  

I tried replacing mine with one from Inline Tube. It did not work the brake light was on all the time and the machining was bad. I cleaned my old on to the best of my ability and it works. I tested it by loosening a bleed screw and hit the brakes hard to simulate a line break and the brake light came on. I used a coat hanger and put it in where the rear brake line attached and pushed it in and let the spring pressure push back.It moved freely I re-installed and has worked fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Looks great. What did you use to clean it?

I used Berryman carb cleaner to get all of the gunk off. Then I used Rust-oleum rust dissolver to get it to bare metal. I then painted it with Duplicolor hi temp engine cast iron color paint. I also taped the nut and sending unit fitting off and painted them with Duplicolor caliper stainless steel paint.  

• 2 weeks later...