Power driver seat not working

Hello club members,

My drivers power seat on my 1972 MC has stopped working. I want to start with the fuse box but not sure which one controls the seat. Can anyone tell me which one that would be and/or have had this issue and what I can do? The seat is stuck so close to the dash that it is difficult to even drive. I have pulled the seat out of the car at this point. 
Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Before you pulled the seat did the motor make any noise at all. If not then it could be the motor. With the seat out of the car could you use a coouple of jumper wires to see if the motor makes a click or hums a little?

Thank you Larry for your thoughts. I have not been able to rest the motor yet but it did not make any sound or movement prior to removing the seat. If it is the motor, are their replacements I can find?

The power seat I believe is powered by a circuit breaker. Like the power windows. Check for power going to and from the breaker. Make sure you have power at the motor. 

If you do, then most likely the motor is no good. You can disconnect the cables from the motor and use a drill to manually move the tracks for a better seat position for the time being. 

• 1 year later...