454 or 467?

1Bad454

Andy, good eye. But they are stock production valve covers. They have a spacer between the head and stock valve cover. Lol 

Nothing on the performer RPM air gap intake? 1/2 fuel line? Headers? Msd ignition? Painted Holley fuel pump? Lolol I guess my wanting it to look stock ish worked. Lololol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I posted a bit premature...I have had this engine for 8 years and was underwhelmed. I rechecked the ignition timing and it was way advanced. I reset it as was specified on my dyno sheet and this engine rocks.

Buy a great engine, and you still have final tune at your own hands. Mine is much better than I thought

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wallaby said:

I posted a bit premature...I have had this engine for 8 years and was underwhelmed. I rechecked the ignition timing and it was way advanced. I reset it as was specified on my dyno sheet and this engine rocks.

Buy a great engine, and you still have final tune at your own hands. Mine is much better than I thought

Do you remember when Oliver in Italy had the same issue with his 467 on TeamChevelle? Turns out it was a tuning difference to Olivers 4500 feet of sea level versus Marks 800 feet. He eventually wound up deep 11's with a 4 speed.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Sure! Lol. The air cleaner is for a 70 Camaro. It's a repop. Has dimples inside to clear the Holley float bowl adjusting nuts. 

As for the valve covers, they are stock bbc. Idk what year but not correct for my 70. They have billet spacers under them to clear the roller rockers.

PXL_20211016_193406223.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, MC1of80 said:

Sure! Lol. The air cleaner is for a 70 Camaro. It's a repop. Has dimples inside to clear the Holley float bowl adjusting nuts. 

As for the valve covers, they are stock bbc. Idk what year but not correct for my 70. They have billet spacers under them to clear the roller rockers.

PXL_20211016_193406223.jpg

Is that the 2-1/8" drop? You have an RPM AIr Gap like me, I have a 1" spacer and a 3" air filter rubs the hood.

It looks like you could run a 4" air filter in that housing, with an open lid and still clear the hood 😁