Lifespan of coil springs/ best replacement shocks

70chev

Just wondering how often you should replace the coil springs. Mine are going on 20 years old and the car doesn't seem to sit quite as high as it used too....

Also what is a good replacement shock for our cars? They are also about the same age and I notice there is a lot more bounce lately.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

I purchased my replacement shocks for Rock Auto. Gabreal's (spelling is wrong) and they are very well built. I had some of the best shocks from NAPA and both rears failed in less than 5 years.

The springs depends on how it's been loaded as to how long they last. Mine had stock springs and air shocked on it when I got it. Springs were shot. I chose moog cargo coils as I did load the car pretty good with camping stuff. I have since then also put 2 inch spacers in the rear to get the desired height I want. My air shocks leak down so I am going to replace them with a good gas heavy duty shock. Not sure what brand yet possibly monroe, gabriel or kyb. You can go crazy with different spring and shock combos. You could also go with coilovers which are also adjustable depending on your budget.