My 71 SS restoration project

For the effort I received full set tinted side glass (to replace the one I broke). All 4 regulators and motors and all the power windows and lock harnesses ( had one bad rear motor). Dash harness( to fix my broken fuse box the replacement is perfect) door lock actuators some chrome and a set of buckets out of a cutlass. And he said that he owes me. So I get to go through the parts better. They were all in the red Jeep for the last 20 years. Some small block stuff I’ll grab plus some cutlass parts (possibly sell). O and a floor shifter 

24BD7CCD-04DB-4B77-B155-D3F2D4931736.jpeg

• Like 3

Well It’s official. 1st bolt I had to chisel off ( front license plate) and first bolts I actually broke off. 3 of the six on the rear bumper rubber strip. But should replace it anyway cause it has cracks. So not all horrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Not to be mean. But SHUT UP 😝😝💵💵💵 But your right😭😭😭

But actually I’m pretty happy cuz I don’t think I have much left to tear apart 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Not to be mean. But SHUT UP 😝😝💵💵💵 But your right😭😭😭

Welcome to my world, lol   😈🤣🤣😈

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know or have a list of the factory colors used for the frame, control arms, engine pullies and brackets. I’m heading to drop off parts to the powder coater this week. I think satin on the frame and semi gloss on most everything else. Please correct me if I’m wrong because I need to get this right. Thanks in advance

There is a list around here somewhere. I have it saved someplace, but someone else may find it first. I also have a good breakdown in a Chevelle restoration book, but it's at home right now. I'll get some scans or pics of the book tonight & send them to you.

I just found this:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17594-restoring-12-bolt-housing/&tab=comments#comment-183478

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

There is a list around here somewhere. I have it saved someplace, but someone else may find it first. I also have a good breakdown in a Chevelle restoration book, but it's at home right now. I'll get some scans or pics of the book tonight & send them to you.

I just found this:

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17594-restoring-12-bolt-housing/&tab=comments#comment-183478

Thanks so much. Again. This should work out great. Now I have to separate so powder coater can change shades of black. He thought the frame was satin black but wasn’t sure. 

The Chevelle book differs from that list in some parts. See what you think and decide from there.

Here's what the Chevelle book had for a list. It came from this book, pretty good book actually. Lot of detailed pictures, charts, facts, etc.

Chevelle Book.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0004.pdf

Being that they are pretty much completely hidden they only have to be sturdy enough to support the seats, they don't have to look pretty.

rob

22 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Being that they are pretty much completely hidden they only have to be sturdy enough to support the seats, they don't have to look pretty.

rob

My thoughts exactly. It is still wet though so it may possibly look a little better dry. I might give it a second coat

Well the last two days ( I’m on vacation) have been spent running around and sand( not really sand) blasting. I ran out of not really “sand”. Karen is going to be P.O. d when she sees the patio. Or as I now call it “ the beach “. Better get a broom before she gets home from work 

F57E10DC-F340-476D-B7D1-9FB75BCB64CE.jpeg

51DDB07E-1679-47EB-BAE2-04853AE509A4.jpeg

DDDFADC0-7525-4F3E-87E5-CBAACC93DAE9.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:rofl: so I guess you got it cleaned up in time and your not in the dog house. That's a plus 

I tell her everything. So she knows about it. If I tell her it keeps me out of the doghouse. But I ended up in the doghouse anyway because of what I put in the post. Now she’s mad because everyone will assume she’s a( put derogatory word here). What’s a guy to do