My 71 SS restoration project

28 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I tell her everything. So she knows about it. If I tell her it keeps me out of the doghouse. But I ended up in the doghouse anyway because of what I put in the post. Now she’s mad because everyone will assume she’s a( put derogatory word here). What’s a guy to do

Lol tell her we think she must be pretty cool to be able to put up with and support a project like this. So far all the wife's and girlfriends of everyone in the club that I've met are cool. She is part of this fgmcc family. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Lol tell her we think she must be pretty cool to be able to put up with and support a project like this. So far all the wife's and girlfriends of everyone in the club that I've met are cool. She is part of this fgmcc family. 

That’s what I tried to tell her.  The wives gotta be cool (while shaking their head) to put up with our insanity

• Like 2

So as previously posted frame and other parts went Tuesday afternoon to be blasted and powder coated. He said he’d have it done in a week or so. He lied. He called at noon today and said come pick the parts up. I asked him when I got there why he got them done so fast. He said he wanted to give me something to do while I am on vacation. Great guy 

91DFFCEF-51EC-4D56-B489-F630D9DC25BD.jpeg

599CE336-E43E-4020-A8A2-82DEA149045B.jpeg

AF8D9CD9-8FA0-4FF7-9BA9-8ED1EE461782.jpeg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Dtret said:

I asked him when I got there why he got them done so fast. He said he wanted to give me something to do while I am on vacation. Great guy 

Wow, shocking turnaround, especially in this day and age!!  That guy deserves a big ole tip!!

6 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Wow :B very productive vacation,  your going to need another one to recover from this one :rofl:

Not enough money for another staycaytion. This is getting costly. Lol. 

• Haha 3

The good (or bad depending on how you look at it) the transmission won’t be done for a month and the the engine he says two or three months so I have time to rebuild the Monte account. It’s kinda depleted😢😢

It’s amazing how little I get done now that I’m back to work. A little progress today. I got all the control arm bushings pressed in,front and rear and  all of them loosely attached to frame. And got the rear end blasted and painted. I ordered a bunch more parts that have nothing to do with what I’m working on but o well. Need them nonetheless. O ya coil springs were in the order so I did get something I need coming. Next up new carrier for rear end. SS shoulda had Posi 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Don't you hate when work gets in the way of car time? I don't have to worry about that anymore I retired a little over a year ago and I love it. Been doing a lot of cleaning out junk in the garage to make more room for working on car stuff.

Ya thanks for that!!!  About 13 more years for me 

• Like 1

So I picked up my transmission today. The transmission guy said it was the nicest internals he has seen. Didn’t need rebuilt but I wanted wear parts and seals done so he rebuilt it all. He said I just wasted 850$. Good guy. But now the problem. When they cleaned the case they cleaned all the color off my tag. Anyone know where I can get a new tag and get it stamped with my numbers?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, overdrive said:

Excellent progress. You're doing it right and a great job!

Dan

Thanks. It’s tough to do it right when just doing it would be so much faster and less painstaking 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Thanks. It’s tough to do it right when just doing it would be so much faster and less painstaking 

You're doing it right, if not, then you'd probably have to do it over again, and we both hate doing things twice. Didn't matter what I did though, still had to re-do things, lol (the big black cloud).

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

You're doing it right, if not, then you'd probably have to do it over again, and we both hate doing things twice. Didn't matter what I did though, still had to re-do things, lol (the big black cloud).

O I’ll definitely have to redo some things. Parts availability finances you know the drill. 

So I got a little more done. Front spindles ready for spring installation. Karen and I got the rear end all put together( then she had to go cook). Nothing is tight yet but still moving along. It’s s lot tougher going together with new springs and no top weight to compress it together 

A32EBF02-FC9E-4E59-A77F-D71EC6D15186.jpeg

E508E58D-B305-44FB-AB4B-FEF62A5B39AE.jpeg

901F9C71-F222-4293-8063-FDB43B81133F.jpeg

• Like 4