My 71 SS restoration project

10 hours ago, 70white402 said:

Dennis, where did you get your new headliner from?   Jeff

The previous owner bought it so it came with the car. But I do have the receipt so I will let you know. 

10 hours ago, 70white402 said:

Look at the pic of my Holley in my posts on my car and look at the difference in quality.

A4846E5F-C3F9-4DE4-834D-2E0523AC9B38.jpeg

2F281D90-364D-4385-8CAA-F32753439DD1.jpeg

D0C14E92-A900-4CAB-8540-BE0606D075CD.jpeg

That looks great. I’m sure yours works great but I have become a little leary on good looking carbs  because like I said I have a beautiful paperweight. Lol. 

80BEA894-17E7-4537-85A5-C45987730E55.jpeg

Ok. Dropped off fenders and extensions at the body shop. He comes highly recommended. I have been through this before. Engine builder,great work 9 months, carb guy- great looking wheel chock and upholstery guy- waiting to drop off seats. My head hurts(not cuz I looked in the mirror either lol )

LOL! It'll all workout in the end and will all be worth it. You'll just appreciate it more because of all the obstacles along the way you had to overcome...........OR......you'll just hate it after all that! 🤣😭

19 minutes ago, jft69z said:

LOL! It'll all workout in the end and will all be worth it. You'll just appreciate it more because of all the obstacles along the way you had to overcome...........OR......you'll just hate it after all that! 🤣😭

What do you mean “hate it after”. I hate it now. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

What do you mean “hate it after”. I hate it now. Lol. 

Yep, same feelings I had for mine during all those hurdles. I 'like' it a little now that most of the bad memories have somewhat faded.

31 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Yep, same feelings I had for mine during all those hurdles. I 'like' it a little now that most of the bad memories have somewhat faded.

I just figure it normal for me. I have never had anything easy in life, it’s all been a challenge. But most everything I’ve done has turned out good in the end,despite the hurdles, so let’s wait and see before I stick the dynamite in the car. 

28 minutes ago, willie said:

I dont understand Dennis and Joe, She HEARS you. Talk low because she will come back and bite you on the a--!!!

Mark my words, talk nice!!!   LOL

Bad enough all the world has 'feelings' nowadays, now we have to talk nice to these trouble maker cars too? 🤣

On 8/12/2021 at 9:18 PM, 70white402 said:

Dennis, where did you get your new headliner from?   Jeff

I finally found the receipt. It’s from a place I’ve never heard of. Perfect Fit- McDonald Inc out of California 

With the phone help of Joe, I drilled and placed the pins for the vinyl top trim. Also put in a few in the back window and windshield that were broken off. Yes I know the picture is sideways. Lol. Dumb phone. 

0A3FDC26-5B8B-44BC-B031-7C2648F53A14.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I talk dirty at my car all the time 🤣 some times I take it out for a little beating too 😯😏

When you’re beating it do you holler out “ I’m gonna smack that a...  lol. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

With the phone help of Joe, I drilled and placed the pins for the vinyl top trim. Also put in a few in the back window and windshield that were broken off. Yes I know the picture is sideways. Lol. Dumb phone. 

Looks good!

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Looks good!

Ya stupid me. Set the center  pin and measured 6 inches between each pin, laid out the trim and it looked good. So I drilled the holes ended up with 9 holes (dumba..) should have been 7. It’s on really good now. Lol. Measure twice drill once. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Set the center  pin and measured 6 inches between each pin, laid out the trim and it looked good. So I drilled the holes ended up with 9 holes (dumba..) should have been 7. It’s on really good now. Lol. Measure twice drill once. 

The picture showed 9 holes anyways, lol. 

39 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Dennis i read on the rust replace site (i think) they will send you the actual dimensions for those window studs.

👍.     We found that picture this morning on the Belden Speed site (rust replace) Willie. It's buried a little & for a Chevelle, but still pretty much works for our cars too. Except they have 9 holes for the Chevelle, lol. The 2 end ones don't apply on our cars for the corner L shaped trim piece speed nuts. He said his original panel had 7 studs from the factory as well. 

http://www.beldenspeed.com/technical-center-downloads/1970-72-chevelle-coupe-vinyl-top-trim-stud-layout

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XA9lXxxIrDBtLEsSYUK55ZkaYeMdHjwV/view

If you go by the internet is say space studs 6 inches apart. If you find direct center and measure to the side that equates to 4 per side putting the last one 1 1/2 - 2 inches from the seam which is correct. I also found this. 

7623CCE7-7555-4370-B199-504F7287B0E8.png

Body man is messing with me. Trying to get my hopes up. Bumper filler done and painted. Rear extensions are almost done too. All the body work is done on the fenders and they are in first coat of primer. He had me bring the doors today. Hood and deck lid go week after next. Body two weeks later. He’s thinking done by November 👍👍🤑🤑😄😄😷😷

AD546B5B-A2C4-491D-87A6-1D9024206EBB.jpeg

1D52ACB4-18F7-4089-80D5-4CAB33CAA225.jpegThat looks a lot darker than it is in person. 

• Like 1

I got a wild hair and called the Upolstry guy. He says glad you called I was going to call you Monday to drop off the seats. He’s getting them tomorrow morning. And just to let you know I still don’t have the engine 😡😡🤬🤬🥵🥵

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Body man is messing with me. Trying to get my hopes up. Bumper filler done and painted. Rear extensions are almost done too. All the body work is done on the fenders and they are in first coat of primer. He had me bring the doors today. Hood and deck lid go week after next. Body two weeks later. He’s thinking done by November 👍👍🤑🤑😄😄😷😷

AD546B5B-A2C4-491D-87A6-1D9024206EBB.jpeg

1D52ACB4-18F7-4089-80D5-4CAB33CAA225.jpegThat looks a lot darker than it is in person. 

WOW! Great news Dennis! Those look awesome. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I got a wild hair and called the Upolstry guy. He says glad you called I was going to call you Monday to drop off the seats. He’s getting them tomorrow morning. And just to let you know I still don’t have the engine 😡😡🤬🤬🥵🥵

So what are you waiting for on the engine? Another dyno test?

4 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

So what are you waiting for on the engine? Another dyno test?

Yes. That’s all. It’s done but he wants to tune the carb so I don’t have to. He had mine mounted on he for about two weeks and now he has to get caught up. He probably blew it up. My luck. Lol.