My 71 SS restoration project

4 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Are you getting excited yet? lol

No. About half way through the Taliban will try to drop a bomb on Biden, miss and hit the body shop. FYI I called the engine guy, it’s back on the dyno. If all goes well I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I might get a little excited. But at least I will have something fun to do. The grille is not it. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

No. About half way through the Taliban will try to drop a bomb on Biden, miss and hit the body shop. FYI I called the engine guy, it’s back on the dyno. If all goes well I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I might get a little excited. But at least I will have something fun to do. The grille is not it. Lol. 

Yeah, the grill job sucked. I don't enjoy the thought of doing the spare one.

Is he dynoing it with the Holley this time?

25 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, the grill job sucked. I don't enjoy the thought of doing the spare one.

Is he dynoing it with the Holley this time?

Yes. 
if I would have known I had to do all the work just to paint it I would have used my original one. The chrome was almost perfect on it but there was a lot of pitting in the fins. I guess I get to do a spare also. Great!!!

34 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis, what color are you going with

rob

Ascot blue. Original code 28. It photographs all sorts of weird colors. The headlight extensions look really dark but if you hold them up to the underside of the trunk lid it matches perfectly 

The body man is teasing me again. It is the only part argent silver so he painted it. Dropped off the hood and deck lid today. I have nothing left here but the body. I have room again may have to get another project. NOT. 

9D0EB6DF-DA05-4B01-B166-88B7F54D83E8.jpeg

7BEA9F0A-C362-4717-A4B2-8EEA77EDC1A4.jpeg

Is he painting each body panel individually, or just body work/edging parts one at a time, then going to spray everything at once?

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Is he painting each body panel individually, or just body work/edging parts one at a time, then going to spray everything at once?

That is the only silver piece so that’s done but everything is being edged,assembled then sprayed. Assembled best as possible considering body is not on the frame 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That is the only silver piece so that’s done but everything is being edged,assembled then sprayed. Assembled best as possible considering body is not on the frame 

The argent piece isn't a concern. Taking one or two panels at a time was my concern, if he was spraying them final base/clear individually. It would be ideal to pre-assemble everything on the frame first, but you said all the panels were pretty straight to begin with.

He came to the house and spent a couple hours here trying to figure out the best game plan. We mocked up all the panels on the car and made sure that they were all lining up and had room for adjustment. Considering it was on the rotisserie we got it all to line up very well. We also put the front and rear extensions on to check them also. But when he saw the frame he decided to paint body off because he didn’t want to risk overspray on the frame (that may change as time goes). We both agree not ideal but it should be fine. 

AAC8CB1E-AAAB-42AE-8850-7171301E1E30.jpeg

E3FB5F35-1726-4182-ACE1-97268D583930.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis it looks good!!!

Joe is still twitching after doing his!!

Cant wait to see me when i get to that point!!!!  LOL

Well let’s see. First it starts with a positive I’m going to get this done today. Then the slapping of the head starts, why, why, why. Then the tremors start. Then you stop for two weeks. Then you force yourself to go at it again. You work for hours while realizing you didn’t accomplish crap. I’d keep going but then I’m going to start slapping myself again. Lol. Good luck. We will see what tomorrow brings for that project. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Now you sound like a dad. O boy. I know pets are like children, so technically....,..

Had a good scare yesterday morning. Sue calls me at work, 6AM after 12 hours. Says one of the dogs is having a seizure. Called the boss, told him I'm leaving since my relief was on his way. Hauled a** towards home, met a state trooper at a stop light. Told him what's going on, he waved my on, couldn't have been any cooler about it. By the time I got home she was alert and walking around, but still called the emergency vet. They said monitor her, but I still got blood work from my vet as soon as they opened, should get results monday.

Scared the crap out of me, only 2 1/2 years old, never happened before. Called in sick last night to keep an eye on her, but was event free so far. Called a buddy last night who's a State Police Investigator trying to find the Trooper's name to thank him again, he was awesome.