My 71 SS restoration project

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That's scary I hope it all works out Joe.

Thanks Steve, me too. This was one of the puppies we got right after my 8 year old lab mix passed due to cancer. Don't even want to think about that with a 2 year old...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Steve, me too. This was one of the puppies we got right after my 8 year old lab mix passed due to cancer. Don't even want to think about that with a 2 year old...

Sorry Joe. I hope the pup is ok. I would have done the same as you did. That was cool of the of that trooper. Again sorry. 

Joe, that is scary stuff.  I wonder if the dog had maybe been stung by a spider, bee or something else and was having a reaction to that.

rob

Hope she is OK Joe!!!! 2+ is no time to worried about stuff like that. Good Luck on results.

I had a 4 year old Rottie that passed  for no reason. Vet said he had no idea. that maybe she ate something. She had no signs of any bite from another animal. ???

Thanks guys, so far she seems normal again. 

As far as why, who knows. It was 6 AM, everyone was comfortable in bed (except me). Sue heard her get out of bed, start throwing up in the bathroom, then headed back to the bedroom where she had the seizure. Lasted about 30 seconds she said. During that time, the dog had bit Sue's hand pretty good, but not on purpose as she was out of it at the time.

She heard the other dog get in her face just before the seizure, and growled at her like she's never heard before, so who knows if that triggered it? Since then, if they start to act up, or play around like that, I stop it immediately.

I hope Sue is ok also, that’s a tough spot. The other dog was probably growling because it did not recognize the emotions of the pup. It was probably more scared then upset. 

11 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I hope Sue is ok also, that’s a tough spot. The other dog was probably growling because it did not recognize the emotions of the pup. It was probably more scared then upset. 

Bit her pretty good...

Hard to say what was going thru the other one's head, she was in her face though I guess. Sue told her to knock it off or something like that. It all happened so fast she said.

I got all 4 of my speakers yesterday. Rewired to use the factory harness, installed factory mounting brackets and the “ hangers that hold the insulation covers. Grill is almost done too. Went to work on the new 71 am/fm radio I bought, that may have been a bad idea, I think I broke something when I was removing the am/fm slide lever. Now I have to really tear into it. I should have left it alone but NOOOO. 

• Sad 1

So as you’re aware I had to send my girl to rehab. She had an excessive drinking problem, smoking issues and she was in general bad shape. She really needed help. I contemplated whether she would take to the rehab and I knew it would be really expensive. But I broke down and sent her off for a 6 month term. There were some bumps and bruises along the way which created setbacks. But today she came home. She’s bright and she has her color back. Instead of a bad attitude she now has a BAD A.. attitude, which I really like. I do realize that there will be bumps along the road. I also know there is no cure for her drinking problem. I don’t know what the future holds but it looks positive. My girl before and after. Lol. 

7458C4EB-3798-46C2-9BC8-CADC2FEDEC7B.jpeg

0DF66D4B-881D-4097-91B1-7D35721D2CB6.jpeg

7391DFAC-B600-4161-8278-CA928DE829DE.jpeg

0CF849F4-EA6C-4F97-816D-0E411CAFC860.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks all. The engine builder said he could have played with the timing and got it to 450 hp but would not have been as “drivable”. He also jokingly said throw a cam and intake on and he could have gone over 500 hp. 

That's good news, now you can move forward with the rest of the drivetrain installation. That long road is getting shorter by the day!

Looks good! Next hour you can get the exhaust system all buttoned up. By the end of tonight you'll probably have the power steering pump and alternator bolted on too if I had to guess.

• Haha 1

Been on the phone bs’ing the last three hours. People wasting my time. Don’t they understand?  Lol. My brothers. O well. Now dinner and possibly get rid of the pile of parts. Few things before the exhaust though. 

FD5796D3-C37D-42C9-A2C4-10BE70F455B5.jpeg

10 hours ago, willie said:

Nice job Dennis!!!  Now as joe said you can move forward. Gives you a break from the tedious grill.   

OHH and all i can hear is GULP< GULP< GULP!!!!   NIIIICCCEEE!!!

Still debating but I think the grill is done. I’ll post a picture if I decide it is. Lol. Stupid thing.