My 71 SS restoration project

Well I got some somewhat disturbing pictures from the body shop yesterday. I was assured this wasn’t going to happen but apparently it did. After a “discussion “ with him he assured me it will match perfectly or it will be redone. I don’t think I like this but it kinda is what it is now 🤔🤔

ADB23978-91CF-4F1B-8CFB-C1C0B0489A4F.jpeg

2E3552C1-EA51-46B4-9AAB-CD5582B4C559.jpeg

531142B6-DC33-4310-BB10-192780957BD4.jpeg

77481BA5-2AE0-4A92-B9A3-DB855B4B9E54.jpeg

EA003C45-37C4-4B3D-9EE4-187D38807301.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i feel for you!!!   But i love the color.

Thanks. Let’s hope it all matches. I’m not a body guy (automotive anyway lol). We will let the experts chime in and see what kind of nightmare I could possibly be dealing with. And it may turn out fine with all this hoopla being for nothing( let’s go with this). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dtret said:

And it may turn out fine with all this hoopla being for nothing( let’s go with this). 

Uhhh huhh..... Let's go with that. 🤞

I usually hang the doors vertically when I paint them off the car, trying to keep it in the same plane as the adjacent panels, especially if it's a metallic color. Let's hope for the best.

So I awoke this morning with my phone blowing up with texts. [censored] I don’t recognize any of these numbers. So I started reading the texts. A body shop in Bethel ( the town where my car is being done) burns to the ground. A total lose all cars and everything, owner is air cared to hospital. O crap get in the car and head to the body shop. Keep in mind the is a small town. But mine is ok. Luckily. But it would have fixed the possibility of unmatched paint. Lol. O by the way the owner is going to be fine. No other personal injury. 

So, it wasn't the body shop that has your car then?  It is hard to tell from your post whether it was your shop but your car body and body parts were inside another building owned by the shop that burned  or if yours is in a different body shop

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

So, it wasn't the body shop that has your car then?  It is hard to tell from your post whether it was your shop but your car body and body parts were inside another building owned by the shop that burned  or if yours is in a different body shop

rob

Nope it wasn’t. It was on the other side of town. So I’ll probably still be dealing with mismatched paint. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Nope it wasn’t. It was on the other side of town. So I’ll probably still be dealing with mismatched paint. Lol. 

Damn, that must have been a heart stopper! Glad your car is OK & the other guy is going to be good.

A changing of the guards took place today. Body out on the trailer ( safely stored away) chassis in the garage. I am now about 95 percent out of the basement. Lol. Body goes to the body shop on the 23rd 

978846CB-DD44-4FA8-BEAC-87B7E6995A3E.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Damn, that must have been a heart stopper! Glad your car is OK & the other guy is going to be good.

Ya I told Karen I’m out of here. And did a beeline straight to my body shop. When I seen the building I knew it wasn’t his so then I had to go find it. Seen remnants of a newer mustang and corvette in front and inside was a few that I no longer recognized. One looked older probably a restoration 

And some not so good news. Transmission is leaking. I put 8 qts. in a dry th400 and when I rolled it into the garage the speedometer cable is leaking. Not the housing but where the actual cable slides into the gear, before you put the nut on. Is there supposed to be an o-ring on the cable????

D8A5C9A3-9916-4862-8FAF-A51A48B15E24.jpeg