My 71 SS restoration project

Joe. Glad to hear about the pup doing good. Hopefully Sue is healing well also. See if you can repost the video I sent you. I probably did something wrong when I posted it. I seem to be technically challenged( in other ways also). Thanks Dennis 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Joe. Glad to hear about the pup doing good. Hopefully Sue is healing well also. See if you can repost the video I sent you. I probably did something wrong when I posted it. I seem to be technically challenged( in other ways also). Thanks Dennis 

Sue's just about healed up now, thanks! 

I sent you a text, email me the original video & I'll give it a shot. It get's compressed and degraded when it is sent as a text.

Let's try this.

EDIT: I get the same errors, says it can't find file.

EDIT #2: I converted it from a .mov file to a .mp4, works for me now.

• Like 3

Well I picked up 1 fender, hood and taillight extensions today. They look good. He found a little ding on the other fender, he caused it, so he’s going to fix that. He would have fixed it anyway. But it seems my luck of his shop being slow has run out. 3 different BIG jobs got approved by the insurance companies yesterday( good for him). He was hoping to get my body in this Thursday ( ahead of schedule) now it will be pushed back,probably to the 23rd like was originally planned. O well 

I forgot that this was under the back of my 88 Monte, probably another good reason to drive it once in awhile, I wonder what else I will find hidden. Lol. I cleaned all the old undercoating off, scuffed, primed and painted. Yes I know it’s supposed to be galvanized but I wanted it black. 

0D93C77B-3BE3-4835-A1FB-953B7154572E.jpeg

FADAEDB3-83F0-4C68-B977-6B23B64BDE4F.jpeg

194DEC80-EF90-40A1-9973-2531E42DDDD3.jpeg

F9E87B1F-2E93-47BE-84A7-498D69ABACFF.jpeg

• Like 3

The body went to the body shop today. Hillbilly style. Yes it’s still on the rotisserie. Lol. He got all his insurance jobs done and approved by insurance and customer. And now he got a couple more big jobs. So there may be a delay. His words. He said he should have it done next Friday. He plans on working on it all day tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday to get it ready for paint. Monday and Tuesday will be for other jobs so he can clear his head of my car. I totally get it. Let’s see. Also I picked up my other fender today and he got first partial payment. 

5725D3AD-458E-472C-B1CE-C95F1116304E.jpeg

• Like 3

You said it was a short distance to his shop if I recall, lol. Glad you got it headed there, hopefully it gets done soon so you can get it final assembled.

The body man has a guy that is coming out there tomorrow to give me(him) an estimate on the vinyl top and headliner and the glass guy will be there early next week. I told him that I want the glass estimate but I do not want it installed at this point. I want to put the interior together first. At least all the dash a/c etc.  Easier to do with no glass and one person. 

When the body went to the body shop I told myself that I need to sort a few parts out. I thought I would have a couple of months to do the. The good thing is now all the closets are empty. Lol. And yes there are more parts to the left and right but I figured one picture would do. 

D50DBC25-F317-4458-A90D-4485BAD9F9E7.jpeg

• Like 8