My 71 SS restoration project

1 minute ago, willie said:

Wait a minute here, Dennis did you say KAREN helped you put the chassis on the trailer?   I told you she was a keeper!!! Great for you!!!!!     The car looks fantastic!!!!   But as Rob said why is there hand prints on the truck????

Karen ran the winch and was yanking the cable so it spooled correctly. O ya she helps. She sometimes doesn’t have a clue but she gives it he..  definitely a keeper. It a family shop his wife and kids are there all day. They “homeschool “ them there. But actually I think there his when he was putting it on. Some on the doors too. 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

Wait a minute here, Dennis did you say KAREN helped you put the chassis on the trailer?   I told you she was a keeper!!! Great for you!!!!!     The car looks fantastic!!!!   But as Rob said why is there hand prints on the truck????

I saw them too I assumed it was stored somewhere where it got a little dusty because it was painted earlier. 

14 minutes ago, willie said:

I saw them too I assumed it was stored somewhere where it got a little dusty because it was painted earlier. 

Just now, 1Bad454 said:

I'm so happy for you Dennis. Exciting times! 

Thanks. I’ve learned not to get excited about this kind of stuff because something seems to ruin the fun. But honestly it’s getting harder to hide it. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys. I don’t know how much fun it will be. But I know it’s going to be a lot better than the “ cleaning of the parts”stage. I did put my first part on the body yesterday. Ran the wire for the dome light. Lol. 

• Like 1

Hey Dennis that was 5 steps forward, in Joe and My case expect a step back soon. Maybe the dome light cover was misplaced. (I know thats where i put it)  LOL        

Really she is looking beautiful!!!!

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Dennis that was 5 steps forward, in Joe and My case expect a step back soon. Maybe the dome light cover was misplaced. (I know thats where i put it)  LOL        

Isn't that the truth, lol

11 hours ago, willie said:

Don’t be jinxing me. I know how it works and I’m waiting for it. That’s funny you say misplaced ( not the dome light cover, it was on it) but I was getting all the parts together for the vinyl top installation and I forgot the sail panel emblems. I tore that room apart looking for them. A good hour looking, found them in the closet pushed back by the wall. The one part I needed and the only thing I missed in the closet.  Ironic 

22 minutes ago, willie said:

There you go, you are good for another 5 steps forward!!!    LOL

If that’s how my steps backwards are going to be all take it all day long. Somehow I don’t think I’ll get off that easily. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...