My 71 SS restoration project

He’s doing the headliner also. I’ll do the rest myself. If I would have known the car was going to sit done at the body shop for a week and a half I would have bought it home and put a bunch together. I should have it home next week sometime 

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Looks good! The worst part is waiting on other people...

Let me finish that comment.....  and waiting and waiting and waiting. Lol. Ya it sux. It’s killing my deadline. The end of the year is coming quick. 

17 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in Carlisle at the Eastern Meet in June 2022, so you better get busy

rob

Ya I love to work on it, if only I had it. Lol. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just read all 23 pages of your post, the car looks amazing. I can’t imagine the feeling of knowing there isn’t one atom of rust anywhere, and you’ve seen every part of the car. Looking forward to seeing the finished product 

• Like 1

Thanks for that and sorry for the boring read. Lol. I should have it back by Friday( hopefully). I hope it’s not another 23 pages to finish it but there will be more pictures added and also a lot of questions. Once the interior is about half done then it gets to the parts I didn’t take apart. So let the guessing game begin. The very first picture in the post is after we threw the car together to make it travel. A few bolts here and there. Lol. I’m on vacation starting Saturday so we will see what happens. Lucky me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I too have followed this thread from the very first post and look forward to what comes next. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished product in person in Carlisle in June! 

3 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

I too have followed this thread from the very first post and look forward to what comes next. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished product in person in Carlisle in June! 

Thanks Sam. The next week or so should prove to be really interesting. If I did my job correct I should have everything I need to finish it. Thousands of dollars and a lot of planning should take me to that light at the end of the tunnel. I’ll bet I don’t make it two hours before I run into something missing. Lol. Good thing the credit card is paid off. Again. Lol. If I get close enough on finishing I might even register my car for the  Carlisle meet. Never thought I would actually say that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’ll bet I don’t make it two hours before I run into something missing. 

Haaaah. If your luck is as bad as mine, it won't take that long. 

• Like 1