My 71 SS restoration project

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

There's a spec for it in the Fisher Body Service manual. I'll look it up and call you.

In the mean time, here's your early x-mas gift.

EDIT: Door gap specs will be on pages 6-9, & 10 and I used the numbers on 6-11 for the bottom edge gap at the time.

1971Fisher body manual.pdf 30.45 MB · 8 downloads

Looks like the one I have but I still can’t read it. Or I’m just too lazy. Lol. Now we all have a digital version. 

0AA6A9BD-307D-4FDD-8F8A-E7B2338B073C.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I've seen rat rods with seats like that 😳

There is a rat motor under the hood...

• Like 1

LOL    That seat will work great for Dennis, but i am sure he would like to change the color to match..

Dennis i love the air cleaner, looks great!!!   

And the car looks amazing!!!   Nice work!!

I've got to say I have really enjoyed this entire post! Thank you for taking the time to post!!

I too have done a lot of work to my 70 SS, but not the magnitude of what you've gone thru!

One thing I wish was when I re-did and removed/ replaced the dash, I had the Windshield OUT of the car!

Now THAT would have made my life soooo much easier and would not still have such a sore neck!

Awesome post, sir!! keep em coming!

17 hours ago, willie said:

Are you kidding me Dennis you can finally get into bed to sleep. You havent been in that bed for months.   The couch is getting old. lol

Bed not very often. Usually in the dog house. Lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks great Dennis but pace yourself your gonna finish it up and be itching to get it out before winter is over and just be able to stare at it before weather breaks in the spring. 

The way I figure is, I will get it done than have all winter to fix everything that I screwed up. That may be harder than the actual building of it. Then in the spring I can drive it and then have time to fix it before Carlisle. See I have a plan. It’s just not a good one. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, Dtret said:

When the body went to the body shop I told myself that I need to sort a few parts out. I thought I would have a couple of months to do the. The good thing is now all the closets are empty. Lol. And yes there are more parts to the left and right but I figured one picture would do. 

D50DBC25-F317-4458-A90D-4485BAD9F9E7.jpeg

Thats AWSOM !!  reminds me of when I did my 65 and I was still at mom and dads.  Had parts under my bed there bed behind the couch...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

Dennis the car looks Great!!!!   But who gave you off a whole week???   Who do you know that you can sunbath and drink martinis???

I gave myself the week off. I was tired from work. I sold like 1500 batteries, my arms are like rubber. Lol. Load truck, carry batteries into shops, carry out old ones and load into truck then unload truck. So that’s like 1500 times 4. I’ll drink a dang martini if I want too. Ps I don’t think I have ever had a martini but still could have an adult beverage. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nope the joke wouldn't of worked with a normal adult beverage. that's why i chose a martini. LOL I don't see you as a martini type of guy. lol        Sorry about the rubber arms, but look at the positive... now you have more cash for Monte parts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, willie said:

Nope the joke wouldn't of worked with a normal adult beverage. that's why i chose a martini. LOL I don't see you as a martini type of guy. lol        Sorry about the rubber arms, but look at the positive... now you have more cash for Monte parts.

You’d like to think so but I’m on salary. So I get paid the same either way. I make up for it in the spring and fall when I’m home by noon. Lol. It just sucks in the winter and summer. I know that you know exactly what I’m talking about. 🤪🤪

Well apparently my time is up in the parts bedroom. All I had left was the front bumper, filler, grill and interior parts. So they went back on the closet ( I guess it wasn’t time for them to come out yet lol). We are having guests over for thanksgiving and she wanted the room back. Now one of the cats has that bed for herself. Lol. 

879B1A63-C0BC-491F-B2A7-E38109847A1C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On a different note. The upholstery guy called me today and said he’s putting in the last of the hog rings on the back seat. I can pick them up tomorrow. He made the covers and installed them in a week. I think I should be scared.  He also told me the cost. Ugh. That’s the last major expense other then the windshield and front and rear glass installation. Ya me. 

• Like 2

Hey Tom, Dennis lives in Ohio that's his second or third bedroom. Not like here where our Masters aren't even that big. lol

But you are right looks like Dennis had the vacuum working over time.    Nice work Dennis!!!   (he is probably sleeping in the other room, can't hear us) lol

Lol ahhh that explains it Willie. I'm in a 3rd bedroom it's just bigger than a jail cell. 10'x13'.  Anyone don't believe me, You're more than welcome to come and measure. Lolol 

• Like 1