My 71 SS restoration project

That's good to see. Cut that goal about as close as possible.

Goggles or a face shield would work, maybe a motorcycle helmet if you have one, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

That's good to see. Cut that goal about as close as possible.

Goggles or a face shield would work, maybe a motorcycle helmet if you have one, lol.

Probably need to find a scarf too so it can be whipping in the wind. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Just curious if the video I posted plays? 

No,  not for me.  It takes awhile for it to load and come up with a screen but it says to run the video I must download codevc (and that sounds too much like covid}

rob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

My goal has been met. Drive by end of the year. It really sucks with no windshield. It’s like a wind tunnel. Lol. Yes I know I have to adjust the hood. 

IMG_3095.MOV 64.05 MB · 7 downloads

The car looks outstanding. Love the way it turned out. 

It does Not open for me, its what Rob said.

I can see you Dennis, driving down the street with goggles and a cape or scarf!!! Calling you the RED Barron, but that will not work so the Blue Barron it is!!!

Congrats for the drive but as everyone seems to agree i cant wait till its done and at Carlisle. I think she is beautiful and you did an outstanding job!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up with the day off. Work truck in for brakes. As I sit here looking at the car and realizing that I don’t have a dang thing to work on. I’m waiting on one part to put the glass in(3/4 weeks), waiting on one part to have the headliner redone ( 3/4 weeks), wheel alignment( don’t want to drive it to the shop with no glass) and charge a/c. This sucks. But kinda happy in a way. To cold to do anything outside, but I probably will work outside anyway. Possibly???

• Like 3

It's good your getting near the end but I understand the frustration of waiting for parts. Pretty cold out here today was -2f when I got up with a fresh blanket of snow and my snow blower won't start (in shop for repairs hopefully warranty) but my neighbor came over and did my driveway for me. Suns out now and going all the way up to 9 today,  so I'm staying in until I have to go out later. Good luck Dennis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Dennis, are you saying progress sux or is this a statement of parts frustration?

rob

Actually none of the above. The parts,  I knew going in they were going to be awhile. As far as progress the car is done except for them 3 things. And of course now it’s cold and the roads are full of salt. Now I get to stare at it for 3 months and nitpick. Lol. Not necessarily a bad thing. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3