My 71 SS restoration project

1 minute ago, sbarnette said:

I remember a conversation about the trim on the bucket seat seat backs, and Montes not having the upper trim? 

Dang I forgot about that one. Good eye. It’s the lower trim that the Montes didn’t have. I’m debating on pulling it off but I bought it and it matches, so we will see on that. See we found another thing wrong. Thanks. But that’s not Elmo 

19 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Dang I forgot about that one. Good eye. It’s the lower trim that the Montes didn’t have. I’m debating on pulling it off but I bought it and it matches, so we will see on that. See we found another thing wrong. Thanks. But that’s not Elmo 

Yea I remember the seat trim conversation, I actually think upper and lower looks good, but I'm not a purist 🤣 The oil pressure gauge was too easy for Elmo, even if it had been discussed. Even with the hint, I went back through the interior pic's I didn't find anything. I'm just curious now what it is damnit lol 

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

I'm working on my console too. Looking to find the two console plates if anyone has any extras in "stock"  I emailed Leo but haven't heard back. 

Check the prices aftermarket. I’ve heard that they are pretty good reproductions. 

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

The parts place has a replacement that the burlwood is a decal that looks like dog dooo. I have a set ordered from Classic Muscle that look good in the pictures but they are on back order. 

If you like the looks of mine, let me know and I will figure out where I got it. If you don’t like it and you think it looks like dog doo don’t tell nobody. Lol. 

4 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Is yours aftermarket? The wood grain looks correct to me. Let me know where you got them if you don't mind. Thanks

It is. I will dig through my paperwork tomorrow after work. There were several different ones out there and I didn’t like the color. It didn’t match the dash. I went through my paperwork tonight. It was purchased through eBay. Third one up from the bottom. My eBay receipt didn’t tell me squat. But that should be the phone number. About 35 bucks 

09476D20-B988-457A-A42A-B2201D21A36F.jpeg

22 hours ago, Dtret said:

My bad. I would leave it on. My 71 has it on the lower section as well, but my buckets came out of a Cutlass so that explains it. I never knew about the differences in trim until I read about it here. I learn so much here! 

• Like 1

So I got one of the first parts I started looking for when I bought the car today. MY VIN TAG. ( I also posted in another post so sorry about duplication).  So tomorrow Two rivits popped in ( yes I have the correct ones) dash pad installed and I can get the glass put in. Whoo Hooo. 

C78F2AB7-1BD0-4D03-BBAE-B650D754F2E8.jpeg

• Like 4

It’s nice to have the factory vin tag on it now. So much better than the one the state of California put on. Now the body shop has to fix my door jamb. That will wait till spring. 

B325B355-4B31-4EE8-A569-AA53F4699BB6.jpeg

7FDCE170-A024-46DE-BF84-44B041CEE955.jpeg

Looks good. Is that VIN tag supposed to be the painted the interior color or left black? Now would be the time to paint it with the window still out. 10 minutes and an air brush, would be quick & easy.

59 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Looks good. Is that VIN tag supposed to be the painted the interior color or left black? Now would be the time to paint it with the window still out. 10 minutes and an air brush, would be quick & easy.

I’m told black. I originally painted it blue to match. As I was mimicking your pictures ( because yours was painted). Now I’m not sure but I went safe with black.