My 71 SS restoration project

Dennis i want to say a few things first i think Karen is great, the best helper you could ask for, but please dont let her cut your hair anymore.

The car is beautiful/stunning and you better be proud of your self (and Karen should be also). Remember Karen had bedrooms full of painted parts in them. God only knows what she had to walk across when you had the frame in the basement? In my eyes you and Karen deserve 5 dancing bananas. I am guessing the brick on the floof in the back is to hold the matt down????    But i have 2 questions, why is that other car covered and not the Monte????   And when are you starting the next one?!?!?!?!?!   Congrats Dennis, you guys did a fantastic job!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:And you deserve more but my finger got tired.   LOL           Great job!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, 70402barnfind said:

Great job.  I really appreciate you documenting the build.  I use your pictures for reference regularly as I work through my '70.  Thank you for sharing 

I have a ton more pictures if you need anything just hollar  

10 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis i want to say a few things first i think Karen is great, the best helper you could ask for, but please dont let her cut your hair anymore.

The car is beautiful/stunning and you better be proud of your self (and Karen should be also). Remember Karen had bedrooms full of painted parts in them. God only knows what she had to walk across when you had the frame in the basement? In my eyes you and Karen deserve 5 dancing bananas. I am guessing the brick on the floof in the back is to hold the matt down????    But i have 2 questions, why is that other car covered and not the Monte????   And when are you starting the next one?!?!?!?!?!   Congrats Dennis, you guys did a fantastic job!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:And you deserve more but my finger got tired.   LOL           Great job!!

First of all she wouldn't cut my hair, but she probably could have done a better job than the barber did. lol  The brick was to block the tire when the shift cable broke at a friends house, I have to return it. That was before I realized that I could just turn the column collar. lol  The chevelle is still covered for winter, so is my 88 monte. i have been driving my 71. Thanks for the compliment and the bananas suck. lol  

• Like 1

Came out great buddy! Glad the hard part is over, now you can hopefully enjoy it and create better memories with Karen in the car, than the misery of all the hurdles it put you through during the build.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:   

:2beers:

31 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Came out great buddy! Glad the hard part is over, now you can hopefully enjoy it and create better memories with Karen in the car, than the misery of all the hurdles it put you through during the build.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:   

:2beers:

Thanks. Ya the hard part is over but now it is time to redo some things that I don’t like. I love spending money twice. Lol. 

56 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Thanks. Ya the hard part is over but now it is time to redo some things that I don’t like. I love spending money twice. Lol. 

Yeah, that happens. Still, the major drama is over.

Hell, remember I had to pull my motor back out because the freeze plugs had rotted from the inside? Or I how I ended up pulling all the brakes off to add the 4 wheel disc brakes after it was running, and that included removing the driver side header for the 3rd time to do it? 

Today's probably the 3rd time I've put the Tremec in the Z/28 to test fit the shifter location. Today at least it's to measure for a driveshaft (plus just a little more shifter hole clearance). 

Hey Dennis, i don't know how to highlight this post, so i can pick out what i know now is true! Well everything i posted here is true except maybe the part where Karen cut your hair. I might of stretched the truth a little there.  BUT i seen in another post that my 2nd question is coming to be true!!!!!!!!   What are you looking at????  Do i see more dancing bananas in your future?     Great News!!!!!

7 hours ago, willie said:

Hey Dennis, i don't know how to highlight this post, so i can pick out what i know now is true! Well everything i posted here is true except maybe the part where Karen cut your hair. I might of stretched the truth a little there.  BUT i seen in another post that my 2nd question is coming to be true!!!!!!!!   What are you looking at????  Do i see more dancing bananas in your future?     Great News!!!!!

Hold on Patawan. Time will tell and finances  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your Monte looks great! You did an awesome job, thanks for documenting everything. Mine has hit a little bit of a stall, but will get back underway soon. 

John

9 hours ago, 71SSclone said:

Your Monte looks great! You did an awesome job, thanks for documenting everything. Mine has hit a little bit of a stall, but will get back underway soon. 

John

Thanks for the compliment. All of us hit the stall. Don’t worry about it. Let a little time pass and it will get back on track. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 71SSclone said:

Just waiting on parts. A couple of insurance jobs came in, so they gotta knock them out first. We'll get back on track soon.

You have to make money to spend money. Lol 

• 3 months later...

Well I will bump this old thread for a quick picture. I just surpassed the quarter thousand mile mark. First time out since I got back from Carlisle. No issues yet so that’s been pretty good. I did hear a rattle today so I may have to look at it. Would that fall under the builders warranty?  Lol. Don’t mind the dust that a Carlisle trophy  

C82332CC-643A-4A28-BB0B-3A449C2E6ABB.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted 4 hours ago which would have put the picture late morning or early afternoon but the clock says 4:18.  Is your clock like mine and only right twice a day?  And yes, this is a family site and we do not allow dirty pictures...... clean that dust up

rob

20 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Posted 4 hours ago which would have put the picture late morning or early afternoon but the clock says 4:18.  Is your clock like mine and only right twice a day?  And yes, this is a family site and we do not allow dirty pictures...... clean that dust up

rob

The second hand is moving but I don’t think the other hands do. But I noticed that when I was driving,  and the “set” knob was pulled out. So I’ll reset it and see if it works. But I’ll make sure that I set it after 5:00. Lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Markgyver said:

Thanks for taking us along on this resto journey, looks fantastic, It does have me retinking whether i want to restore one,

I don't think I’d do another one, it’s too much time, work and money. O wait I am. See “ Topic Suggestion “. Lol. Thanks for the compliment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1