My 71 SS restoration project

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

Where the speakers are mounted. Did you paint it? It looks like material on top

Package tray. Ordered from the parts place. Selected dark blue. Got the insulation for the underside also. 

14F8C890-4261-4FD8-B872-DC68C2C331CE.png

16 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Package tray. Ordered from the parts place. Selected dark blue. Got the insulation for the underside also. 

14F8C890-4261-4FD8-B872-DC68C2C331CE.png

Great, I'll look into a new one. I plan on re-working the interior this winter. I wonder how hard they are to replace with the window installed

3 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Great, I'll look into a new one. I plan on re-working the interior this winter. I wonder how hard they are to replace with the window installed

Pretty easy. I never even popped through the window hole. I still have to attach the vinyl strip to the back seat panel. 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

O that sucked. I was spitting out words that I didn’t realize were in my vocabulary. 

A63BFDDC-A00E-42C3-BDEA-B03E1FDDB98C.jpeg

And that's why I always park the truck across the front of the garage, and have the stereo playing. Of course a box of bandaids and a cold adult beverage for when I call it a day 😬

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

And that's why I always park the truck across the front of the garage, and have the stereo playing. Of course a box of bandaids and a cold adult beverage for when I call it a day 😬

I’m actually having that beverage right now. Lol. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sbarnette said:

You’re making this look easy! Great job!👍

Trust me, it’s not easy. Nor is it fun. But I’m learning how to make it easier when I get to my 70 chevelle. Biggest thing is more and better pictures. 

• Like 1

All the weatherstripping in, rear view mirror on, floor insulation and carpet just lying in to remold. I’ve had enough. Left the property for the first time since last Friday, went to the Upolstry shop to pick up my undone sail panels. I’ll have the headliner guy do them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Are you going to do the headliner yourself? I'm thinking about it but not sure if I can pull it off

I had the headliner done. 500 bucks. I know my talent level, I’ll pay. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

. Before I put the fenders on do the door gaps look right?

There's a spec for it in the Fisher Body Service manual. I'll look it up and call you.

In the mean time, here's your early x-mas gift.

EDIT: Door gap specs will be on pages 6-9, & 10 and I used the numbers on 6-11 for the bottom edge gap at the time.

1971Fisher body manual.pdf

Here is the seat we talked about vs. a milk crate. A little more headroom and stability, but zip tie just the same, lol

20211114_114738.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3