My 71 SS restoration project

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

.....Nothing that couldn’t have been ordered though. And mostly gm parts...

Like the guy with the GM crate engine 🤣😂:yay:

• Like 1

Ummm. Do you mean the trim ring on the inside of the rally wheel being used as the spare tire? Or depending on the build date of your SS, the rear bumper rubber filler between the body and bumper on the side? 

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Ummm. Do you mean the trim ring on the inside of the rally wheel being used as the spare tire? Or depending on the build date of your SS, the rear bumper rubber filler between the body and bumper on the side? 

No. The trim ring is just cuz. I’m going to find a way to make a rally cap to bolt down the jack. The rubber filler is your fault.   Great eye though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

Whoa now, lets take it easy on the crate motor guys lol 

Sorry. Inside joke. Has absolutely nothing to do with “ physical crate motors”. I have a crate in my 88. 

43 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Sorry. Inside joke. Has absolutely nothing to do with “ physical crate motors”. I have a crate in my 88. 

No worries Dennis, I got the joke. Just letting others know the "other" crate motor guys are accepted 🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

He knows what the deal was, no worries.

Edit: Oops, you responded before I finished Mark, lol

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, overdrive said:

Excellent job on the restoration.  You should be very proud! 

Dan

I don’t know about the “proud” part. But I am very thankful to have such a great support system of people, most of whom I’ve never met, to give such great help and advice. I really do consider this a group project and I am pleasantly surprised at the results. 

• Like 5

On 1/13/2022 at 1:04 PM, Dtret said:

By the way I did a “ find Elmo” on the car. Blatantly wrong but I thought it was neat and different. Can anyone find it?  It’s in two of the pictures. 

Did anyone ever find Elmo ? 

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

The oil gauge or the 3pt seat belts? 

No. The oil gauge was not a choice but a necessity. We talked about that earlier. Seat belts are just for safety reasons and an approved club modification. It’s small but blatantly wrong but chasing this has been helpful for finding other wrongs I’ve done. 

28 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I know what it is..... you guys will never find it.

Keep in mind that I told Joe what it was. But at least now you have verification that it’s there. It’s really stupid. And I actually posted about it it to get your opinions but it’s been awhile. I just forgot to fix it.