My 71 SS restoration project

• 2 weeks later...

I got it back from the glass shop today. Well it was on the trailer I took it to get the alignment done camber/caster was off 1/16 shim and toe was out two turns on passenger side and 4 turns on drivers. Pretty good for a tape measure. Lol. Radio is a lot less staticky with the windshield installed. Lol. First real drive will be tomorrow or Saturday. Ladies and gentlemen—— LET US PREY. I was pulling into the garage and I just had to light em up. Don’t look like much rubber in the picture but dang the smoke cloud. Lol. Karen was peeeoodddd( censored) stunk up the whole house. 🤪🤪

1E7EE963-0224-4C94-9B5B-68F67E209DBE.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Dtret said:

was pulling into the garage and I just had to light em up. Don’t look like much rubber in the picture but dang the smoke cloud.  stunk up the whole house. 🤪🤪

Look at Dennis trying to earn some dancing banana's

rob

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I got it back from the glass shop today. Well it was on the trailer I took it to get the alignment done camber/caster was off 1/16 shim and toe was out two turns on passenger side and 4 turns on drivers. Pretty good for a tape measure. Lol. Radio is a lot less staticky with the windshield installed. Lol. First real drive will be tomorrow or Saturday. Ladies and gentlemen—— LET US PREY. I was pulling into the garage and I just had to light em up. Don’t look like much rubber in the picture but dang the smoke cloud. Lol. Karen was peeeoodddd( censored) stunk up the whole house. 🤪🤪

Keep some rubber on them tires you need them to get around 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

I would gladly give him some dancing bananas Rob, because he well deserves them. She is beautiful!!!    BUT who the heck does a burnout pulling INTO the garage.  Driving out i can see, but pulling in 😕😕😕😕 ????????????????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, willie said:

I would gladly give him some dancing bananas Rob, because he well deserves them. She is beautiful!!!    BUT who the heck does a burnout pulling INTO the garage.  Driving out i can see, but pulling in 😕😕😕😕 ????????????????

Willie.  It’s called a brake check. Lol. 

I’ll take the stupid(lol) bananas, I can make them work. But I think I probably need the prayers more. I’m just a backyard hack that rebuilt a car. It may look ok in pictures but it will probably fall apart on the road. Good thing I have AAA. lol 😂 

• Like 1

8.4 miles in heavy stop and go traffic. So far so good. I’m thinking about running the loop around Cincinnati. That should be around 120 miles. That will help the debate on driving to Carlisle. 

• Like 4

From what I have seen you are way above the hacks that put unsafe stuff on the road. Probably better than how it came off the assembly line. My new 71 Monte Carlo almost burnt to the ground, car was full of smoke when I disconnected the battery, Than the torque converter came loose and sounded like it was kicking a rod out the bottom of the pan. Still kept it for 10 years, 100,000 miles (still miss it) Anyway, [censored] happens your car looks great, enjoy it!

Grant 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

No. Rained a couple of inches last week and finished cleaning it up. 

That's great! Wish that would happen here, still a lot of salt and a little snow projected Monday, after near 60 on Sunday.

Glad the car is running good, hopefully nothing pops up except for the usual minor things like a squeek or rattle.

• Like 1

Hack my A##. Your car looks fantastic!! And your bananas are on the way!!!  As soon as you say she is good!!!!  However i am still not sure about the burnout in the garage? Our cars are about 18ft long my garage is about 24ft, one slip and your pushing the couch from the next room into the pool!!!    lol  The worse part is you gonna have to build her all over again!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

No. Rained a couple of inches last week and finished cleaning it up. 

I'm jealous still way to much salt on roads here to even think about taking car out. Hopefully some rain next week we'll see Hopefully no more snow but around here march snow is not unusual. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hack my A##. Your car looks fantastic!! And your bananas are on the way!!!  As soon as you say she is good!!!!  However i am still not sure about the burnout in the garage? Our cars are about 18ft long my garage is about 24ft, one slip and your pushing the couch from the next room into the pool!!!    lol  The worse part is you gonna have to build her all over again!!!

No I don’t have a pool. Lol. So I’m good. But I’m not aloud to do burnouts in the garage anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2