Quick Steer power steering box.

Hey guys I'm looking for a new stock appearing quick steer gear box. I'm hoping to find a quality rebuilt Saginaw unit that looks brand new. I've looked at a few places and they're either way out of my price range or they are painted black.

P.S. Anybody here purchased the OPG units? If so how was it?   

You can also use a g-body quick ratio box. Monte Carlo SS, grand national, 442, hurst olds. Also certain year jeep grand cherokee. 

We did this swap on my son's 69 GTO convertible. We had a Monte Carlo SS box "in stock" 

Just a few other options. 

8 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

You can also use a g-body quick ratio box. Monte Carlo SS, grand national, 442, hurst olds. Also certain year jeep grand cherokee. 

We did this swap on my son's 69 GTO convertible. We had a Monte Carlo SS box "in stock" 

Just a few other options. 

I know the boxes from some other vehicles look identical but when I look at a compatibility list it doesn't show a 70-72 Monte Carlo? Any part numbers that you may have would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron   

4 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

They are known as "phantom fits". Not necessarily listed for a specific vehicle but fit. 

I don't know the part numbers only the vehicles to look for. Sorry. 

Got it. Thank you!

There is a guy on the forums that rebuilds steering boxes or maybe he is on the Facebook page.  Some have used his boxes and they seem to like them. Seems I remember his name as Hector but my memory is foggy on this so I may be wrong.

Back when my 81 Malibu was still a street car, THE best boneyard box I had I pulled from an 02 Jimmy ZR2.  So a few months ago, in 106 degree heat, I found another at the local pick-n-pay and put it in my 71 Monte. All it took was a pair of Lares adapters to go from flare fittings to o-ring.  Pitman arm bolted right on.