Front Inner Fenders 1970 MC

I've been doing research on the front inner fenders on a 1970 Monte Carlo.  It appears that 1970 Chevelle and MC inner front fenders are indeed different.   Rock Auto lists the PN for Chevelle and MC as the same number (GMK 4032350681P).     I have found others suppliers that do list a different number for Monte Carlo (GMK 406035070P).   My question is has anyone ordered these parts before, what number did they use, did they fit properly and where did you order them from?

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

8 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

I ordered from the Parts Place and they had the correct parts

Thanks, I'll give em a call.  Usually I have parts shipped to Eurika MT, then cross the border to pick them up.  But with the borders closed I only have two options  1- have them shipped directly to me (cost more than doubles or 2- shipped to Eurika and wait for the border to open up.

Mike

• Like 1

The difference between the Chevelle and the Monte Carlo inner fenders is that the Chevelles are metal and plastic for the Monte Carlo.

Some say a few holes are a little off. My steel inner fenderwells bolted directly into my 70 Monte Carlo and made the front end stiffer. 

The Parts Place has the best plastic inner fenders for the Monte Carlo.

I know the shipping issues to Canada all too well. For large items I typically ship to Washington and drive across to pick up. Or I wait until the next Western Meet in the US and ship to a US club member and bring them home after the meet. I too need a pair of these inner fenders for my 70 Monte.

3 hours ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

I got mine from The Parts Place in my 1971 and direct fit except for the battery tray that I had to adjust it little bit.

Same here for the 72. Had to elongate a couple of holes for the battery tray, and trim the left outer edge a little along it's length. It hung out pretty far towards where the wheel trim would sit.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:33 PM, jft69z said:

Same here for the 72. Had to elongate a couple of holes for the battery tray, and trim the left outer edge a little along it's length. It hung out pretty far towards where the wheel trim would sit.

Similar with Parts Place.  Driver side fit nicely, passenger side required some brute force and redrilling of holes.  

Mine were from the Parts Place too. My driver side needed trimmed as well, as mentioned above. In all, pretty satisfied with them though. 

Was about to create a post then saw this.

I noticed on my 71 the inner fender wells are plastic, did these first generations come with plastic or metal As original? 
There is also a post on this topic from 2012/2013, many of the guys also expressed a full spectrum of mixed experiences in terms of how well the aftermarket holes line up.

additionally I also ordered the complete gasket kit from OPG with the splash guards that attach to the inner fenders, these are rubber. I find this a bit concerning since they are so close to the manifold, I worry they might burn?
any experience or opinion on this?

Just finishing up a repaint, The plastic inner fenders look fine from the engine compartment but when you look at the underside of the wheel well they look kind of ratty, don’t know if I should bother replacing Which is why I ask?

thanks

4 hours ago, G71 said:

additionally I also ordered the complete gasket kit from OPG with the splash guards that attach to the inner fenders, these are rubber. I find this a bit concerning since they are so close to the manifold, I worry they might burn?
any experience or opinion on this?

Pat, the rubber splash guards (aka A-arm dust shields) you receive in your gasket kit for OPG should fit your stock plastic inner fenders just fine.  Be aware that they will not fit the Chevelle steel inner fenders (larger and different shaped A-arm opening) if you were planning to replace your stock fenders with those (see second and third photos below).  They will fit new plastic replacement fenders from The Parts Place (which I personally recommend), however, as those fenders are made specifically for the Monte Carlo. 

BTW, I've never experienced nor heard of melting or burning problems with the stock dust shields (assuming they are installed correctly). Your stock dust shields are likely fastened to the fenders with metal staples and you should get some new staples with your new dust shields.  When I re-installed my stock dust shields on new replacement plastic fenders, I just drilled several 1/8" holes around the mounting edge and used black plastic trim fasteners instead of the staples (see first photo) - faster, looks good and is easily removable if necessary.  Good luck.

PA300255.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

A-arm shields 284.JPG

• Like 1