Looking for drivers exhaust manifold. 71 SS 454. I believe the number is 3989043 date code correct with smog holes that I can plug   

Edited correct number 3989343

Thanks Dennis 

Edited by Dtret
1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Looking for drivers exhaust manifold. 71 SS 454. I believe the number is 3989043 date code correct with smog holes that I can plug 

Thanks Dennis 

Nope wrong number 3989343 sorry 

I have one, already plugged and welded up smog holes, treated with Eastwood coating no cracks or broken ears flat mounting surface ready to install. PM me if interested 

2 hours ago, lastss said:

I have one, already plugged and welded up smog holes, treated with Eastwood coating no cracks or broken ears flat mounting surface ready to install. PM me if interested 

That may be a possibility but I may need to put the stupid smog crap back on to keep it correct. But I don’t know for sure if it’s supposed to have air tubes and pump. It has the canister 

• 3 weeks later...

So back to this 

3989343 driver 

3989310 passenger 

the production date on the car was 9/18/70 and the cast date on the engine was 6/70. Is there any way to find out if exhaust manifolds were made with them casting numbers after 6/70 that would be date Code correct for my 71. Or I may have to use late 70 manifolds 

I would look at the assembly date of your engine on the front pad because that’s the date that the manifold should be before as they were on the engine when it was first started at the Tonawanda plant.My engine was assembled on September 3 of 70 and the exhaust manifold had a date of July 28 of 70. 1970 cars use different casting numbers of 3909879 for the driver side and 3916178 for the passenger side, I doubt that your car would’ve came with those but I’m sure it’s possible some early 71s use leftover inventory and may have had them. Does your build sheet show any information that it originally came with the air pump being delivered in California? Jerry

Thanks for verifying my thought on the dates. My drivers side is dated 74 obviously changed and my drivers side is early 71. So neither one is correct but I cannot find any dated around June of 71 so I may just go the 70 route and say leftovers were used. As far as smog I posted this in another post hoping to find out if my car actually had a smog pump and air tubes. The canister and all the hoses are still there but no information on the pump came back yet. I will probably find a set with air tube holes and plug them 

FD3B3848-8316-47FB-A561-2F61FD3349F3.jpeg

Edited by Dtret

Another option is repops. Places like Ground Up, ausleys Chevelles, the parts place etc. have them.

At least you know they are not cracked or holes stripped. They even have part numbers on them.           Although they really don't matter as you cannot see the numbers. All on the back of the manifold facing the block. 

Just another option.