2021 Carlisle Events GM Nationals

Rob Peters

Good Evening all.  As you may be aware I will be hosting my usual FGMCC Mini-Meet at the Carlisle Events GM Nationals in June of 2021.  I am in the process of negotiating a hotel contract for our club and will have the details on that contract soon and at that time you can start making your hotel reservations. 

When I host an Eastern Meet there we go all out but the off year Mini-meet is a little more laid back and as a result rather than arriving on Wednesday we will start the Mini-Meet on Thursday.  I think I will have enough rooms to accommodate all who want a room.  

Today I got the following email from Carlisle Events:

Dear Club Leader,

Yup you read the title and saw the logo right! The GM Nationals are Back!  See the details below and please feel free to share this with your club membership!  We will be announcing this at 9AM tomorrow morning.  As a club leader you are the first to hear this exciting news!  Attached is an image you can feel free to share with your club when we make the announcement in the morning!

The GM Nationals are BACK!

You Spoke and We Listened – Join us June 25-26, 2021

For the first time in a few years, we can all say it together again – the Carlisle GM Nationals are taking place at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds.   Join us June 25-26, 2021 for a diverse spotlight of all things GM and related.  From the Pontiac to the Buick, Oldsmobile to Cadillac, GMC truck to Camaro and all things in between, you won’t find a more diverse event of its type anywhere.  Best of all, as noted in our headline, you spoke and we listened.  The name change reflects your passion for the hobby and our dedication to giving every piece of feedback we hear from you serious thought.  Displays/Themes for 2021 include a Comic Car Con, 50th Anniversary of the Vega and 50th of GM swaps just to name a few.  Register today for the National Parts Depot Showfield and save 10%. 

Visit the GM Themed Vendors at Fall Carlisle

Annual Automotive Flea Market Runs Through Sunday

Hope to see a large turnout for this Mini-meet.

rob

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoping things this coming year are better than what we are going through now.

That being said I am planning on going and make up for what I missed at the 50th anniversary 😎.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We will be there with or without  the Monte ( down for updates  ) I will be in touch with Fairfield Inn soon for my room. Thank you for doing this with for all of the fgmcc!!

• Like 1

24 rooms still available for this Mini-Meet, 16 rooms already claimed.  Don't wait tillthe last minute because I feel they will start to go fast.

rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Rob - 

Great news - our Monte is no longer for sale, and we are planning on joining our Monte family in Carlisle this year!  

I called yesterday to make reservations, and they couldn't find our code - I'm sure they will, but could you tell me what rate you negotiated.  

Can't wait to see everybody!

Ruth & Anthony

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rnamonte said:

Hey there Rob - 

Great news - our Monte is no longer for sale, and we are planning on joining our Monte family in Carlisle this year!  

I called yesterday to make reservations, and they couldn't find our code - I'm sure they will, but could you tell me what rate you negotiated.  

Ruth & Anthony

Our club rates for Friday and Saturday nights are as follows
Qn/Qn --------------$159.00     Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 
King------------------$159.00    Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 
Qn/Qn Suite--------$169.00       Changed to $129.00 by the hotel     Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available
King Suite-----------$169.00      Changed to $129.00 by the hotel    King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available
The surrounding date rates are listed below (These would be the rates for Wednesday, Thursday and also Sunday and Monday Nights and are considered the surrounding dates)
Qn/Qn------------------------ $99.00
King---------------------------$99.00
Qn/Qn Suite---------------- $119.00   Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available
King Suite------------------- $119.00   King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

9 hours ago, rnamonte said:

Hey there Rob - 

Ruth & Anthony

Ruth and Anthony,

I was about to answer your question but I see Bill Rees already did.  There is no special code to get this rate, you just have to tell them you want to make a reservation with the First Generation Monte Carlo block of rooms.  Sorry, I guess I should have started off my reply with WOW, I am glad to hear your car is no longer for sale.  I look forward to seeing you both there.  

rob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Time is getting short to make your hotel reservations for this FGMCC Mini-Meet.  We will lose the rooms in our block in one week from today so if you feel you want to come you don't have much time to decide and make your hotel reservations.  These rooms will go to around $200 or more once we lose the rooms in our block.

If you need any information please let me know ASAP

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Me too! Won't be long now.

Little sad to see it looks like they won't let us all park together as a car club like last year, at least that's how I read the instructions.

20210601_175620.jpg

14 hours ago, jft69z said:

Me too! Won't be long now.

Little sad to see it looks like they won't let us all park together as a car club like last year, at least that's how I read the instructions.

20210601_175620.jpg

Joe, It has always said "There is no club parking".  As it turns out, most of the time our club is mostly the First Generation Monte Carlo classes so for the most part we do have "Club Parking".  Last year you may have not noticed there were several first gen Monte's that were parked among our club cars but there were so many of our cars it was not real evident they were not club members.  All First Gen Monte's will be parked in the same general area.

Last year we were parked in the "Red" area but this year we are moving to the "Green" area which is right next to the red area.  If you are sitting in the grandstands you would be on the same side as the Green area.  It is the same side as many of the large company vendors.

rob

Thanks for the info Rob. This will be the first time I'll have a car there & just wasn't sure. I did notice last year that some of the other first gens weren't members, but didn't give it much thought. I just remember how nice it was that everyone from the club was together and hoped we weren't off someplace else because I'm going to be in the 'modified' class. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rob, Glad to say that we will be at the mini meet for the first time with the club with my 72 Monte! Will we be arriving at the Fairgrounds on Thursday at a certain time to set up? We are looking forward to meeting you and our fellow members!

Jo Garvin

Jo,

I am glad to hear you want to attend.  I sent you an email to the email address we have on file.  Please let me know if you got that email and have any questions.  If you did not get that email please let me know as soon as possible.

Something I did not ask in the email is if you have a hotel room.  Please let me know because I have one club member with a King room that can not make it but he has held onto his room incase someone else needs a room but he will be canceling that reservation one week from today (Tuesday).  

rob