Small town guy

Kent Board

Kent Board here and lookin forward to meeting Monte owners like myself.

I  bought my 1970 a year ago in North Carolina and love it!  The story behind this adventure starts with 20 mile drive but had to turn around due to the power steering gone out on my Dodge 2500.  A quick switch to my F250 ( time is now midnight ) and on the road again. 5 hrs later I arrive ; purchase car only to find out it is wider than my trailer. My wife has to drive truck and trailer and I drive the Monte back to Ky with no insurance and expired tags. 2 pm I finally arrive home with car. 

AD845FCD-DFF5-4E4F-A08E-E992F5B68A2D.jpeg

627EC19F-59C6-4B80-8E46-346DDEB92D30.jpeg

1E6754C0-DC8F-4524-A364-7677CBC47D23.jpeg

74C3BB29-5A73-4DA4-819E-F77B3684151A.jpeg

• Like 2

Kent, 

Welcome aboard the boards.  Also, welcome to you as one of our newest dues paying members.  I saw your dues payment and have logged you in to our club membership database.  As a dues paying member you will also notice I have assigned you a dues paying membership badge here on the website that looks like this: Full Members Dues-paying and this will show up on all of your posts.  

This also grants you access "Dues Paying Member Only" areas of the club website that are not available to non-dues paying members.  We look forward to more pictures of your car, hearing what your plans are for the club and everything else you wish to share with us.

rob

Welcome to the club and forums, Kent!  I do believe you have one of the most stunningly beautiful first gen Montes I have ever seen!!  I assume that is factory color code 45 Green Mist.  If so, I don't see that very often but it looks perfect without a vinyl top and those wheels! It must turn heads wherever you go - I can understand why you love it. 

I don't know if there are any other club members near you by I know at least one other member who lives in Kentucky, Steve Redmyer (sredmyer).  He has several first gen Montes and might appreciate a contact from you.

• 4 weeks later...