New addition to the car family

714024SPEED

My neighbor bought this 1963 Catalina convertible brand new . Car has been across the street from my house all my life and I have only seen the back of the car when the garage door was open. We recently had the opportunity to see the car to try to help the family get it running after sitting since 2013. They offered us first shot to buy the car and a deal was made. While going though the glove box found the original manual and has the owner's name and pick up date September 26 1963. To our surprise the day we purchased the car !!!! September 26,2020 57 year to the day. The old girl needs some work but we hope to get it back on the road and take the original owner who is 91 for a ride.

KIMG1438.JPG

KIMG1425.JPG

• Like 7

Very, very cool car and story!!  Great find - just hiding in plain sight!  Love all the mid-sixties cars, especially GM - lots of good looking models and strong performance options!  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Funny you ask, we have tri-power set up, 2 4bbl set up aka "bathtub intake", trim, 421 H.O. engine and a slew of misc parts... "In stock"

O shut up. That’s funny

• Like 3

I love that steering wheel and horn ring.  Looking at the size of that glove box, I wonder how many bodies you could fit in there.  You will have to bring that to Carlisle next June along with you and your family's Monte's for my Mini-Meet there.

rob

• Like 2

We do have plenty of Pontiac parts and cars "in stock" lol. We got the "Monte Madness" from our Mom who had a 70. We got the Pontiac fever from our dad who always loved Pontiacs. Here's some of our Pontiac's. If we get a Ford or Mopar were out of luck.

KIMG0819.JPG

KIMG1410.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Funny you ask, we have tri-power set up, 2 4bbl set up aka "bathtub intake", trim, 421 H.O. engine and a slew of misc parts... "In stock"

Of course you do! LOL😆