Latest 72 x2

Riding Darren's coat-tails with this post.😀

Brought home this 44K mile 72 2 weeks ago.

Custom package

350 4 bbl, 12 bolt posi

A/C, Power windows, Tach dash, bench seat, AM/FM stereo

Early built - 5th week November 71, so no seat belt warning light in dash, and has the larger seatbelts.

Drives like new, rides smoother than my restored cars...something to be said for rubber vs. urethane bushings I guess.

20200918_173115.jpg

20200918_185213.jpg

Screenshot_20200917-124658_Facebook.jpg

20200918_185225.jpg

20200918_185239.jpg

• Like 4

OK Dave....... all the congrats aside on this beautiful Monte we still want more PICTURES.  Come on, you know the drill, let us see under the hood, trunk and interior.  Inquiring eyes want to see more of this beauty.

rob

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

OK Dave....... all the congrats aside on this beautiful Monte we still want more PICTURES.  Come on, you know the drill, let us see under the hood, trunk and interior.  Inquiring eyes want to see more of this beauty.

rob

Duly noted! mission accepted😄

11 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

How about under the carpet

rob

If I'm to go that far, I'd want to pull the front seat to really check thoroughly underneath, and to not cause damage to the carpet by not doing so.

And, I really don't feel like pulling it apart!!:rolleyes:

It'd really be nice to find, I'd like to know from where it was originally sold. But, I've resolved to be satisfied without it.:( as, I have no doubts as to what's there.

Thanks Rob, that's encouraging news! I'll have to give it a try in that case.

Did you find it on the passenger or driver side?

I've never found one under the carpet before. Of the 6 first gens I have, this is the only one not to "cough up" a build sheet!!

I did see paper between one of the clasps (not a hog ring) under the back seat. Perhaps someone beat me to it... The previous owner passed  almost a year ago, so likely I'll never know.

1 hour ago, DaveC said:

Thanks Rob, that's encouraging news! I'll have to give it a try in that case.

Did you find it on the passenger or driver side?

It was under the drivers side.

rob

The odometer is hard to believe, but the rest of the car doesn't lie.........very nice..........it must have been sitting in a vacuum all these years !!.....nice  ride......I can't tell if it is mohave gold or another gold..........or" pure gold" 😉 

5 hours ago, digiacomo said:

The odometer is hard to believe, but the rest of the car doesn't lie.........very nice..........it must have been sitting in a vacuum all these years !!.....nice  ride......I can't tell if it is mohave gold or another gold..........or" pure gold" 😉 

Code 57 Golden Brown, I don't think its too far off of 1970 code 58 Autumn Gold.

I have an odometer statement from the state of Delaware when the last owner purchased it in December of 2000 stating 39,000 then.

The last owner certainly didn't put many more miles on it in his 19 years.