Time for hibernation

Grant MacPherson

Took mine out today to get parts for my truck I was putting brakes on. Was just planning on doing pads and drilled and slotted rotors ended up replacing calipers too. What a pita everything on a 3/4 ton truck is harder and heavier but got it done and got a little monte time in too.

Ya I think I’ll put mine away for winter also. HaHa 😂 mabey I can put some skies on it and ride it down the hill. Back up won’t be no fun though. I’ll probably rethink that 

80E65209-B3FC-40F5-BB07-6C00CBCE80AC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I was in that same place exactly a year ago Dennis.

If I’d quit spending money on parts I don’t need yet I might actually get something done. Driving from Cincinnati to south of Knoxville Tn tomorrow morning just to pick up exhaust manifolds 😜🔫KMN

You have to get the parts when they're available. Like the old saying, "he who hesitates, is lost". I held off on a couple of things, only to find they weren't available when I needed them.

On the flip side, I had ordered a lot of parts early, only to run into the end of the 1 year warranty period almost before they were even installed. Ran into some minor issues, but most, especially Summit was real good about things, especially when you tell them you're doing a frame off restoration. Plus they see you spent a ton of money in the last year, lol.

7 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You have to get the parts when they're available. Like the old saying, "he who hesitates, is lost". I held off on a couple of things, only to find they weren't available when I needed them.

On the flip side, I had ordered a lot of parts early, only to run into the end of the 1 year warranty period almost before they were even installed. Ran into some minor issues, but most, especially Summit was real good about things, especially when you tell them you're doing a frame off restoration. Plus they see you spent a ton of money in the last year, lol.

I did that on my 88 Monte SS bought gm zz4 crate motor from jegs and it was out of warranty before I even got it in the car. 15 years later and it’s only got about 300 miles on it. Ya I need to build another one. Right?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I think that is almost as much as we got all year last year here in Pittsburgh.

rob

We got 3-4 inches today. We broke a record from the late 1800s for snowfall in a single day in October! I’ve never seen snow in October before.

Was a quiet car show season out my way.  While I tinkered with the cars, neither left the garage this year.  Hopefully we are in better shape with the virus and cancellations next season, there is time to be made up!

Was a terrible show season, I did make it to Carlisle for the eastern meet and one other show about 3 hours from me but other than that nothing but a few cruise ins towards the end of the season.  The big show here in Syracuse was canceled this year. Let's all hope for a better year next year, not only for car shows but but for everything that has been going on.

• Like 2