help...replacing body mount bushings

Regmon

hello everyone. I am in the process of replacing the body mount bushing on my 1972 Monte. I have a bolt that just keep spinning in its cage. it's the one behind the rear wheel (2nd from the rear bushing by the bumper going to the front)) my questions is if i cut a hole in the thunk pan will it expose the caged nut to where i can remove the bolt & replace the rubber body bushing? any info on this would be greatly appreciated & pics are always welcome.... thanks everyone.

I had to do the exact same thing on one of my cars.  I made a cut on (3) sides of a square and just pealed the metal back to expose the spinning cage nut.  Once the nut was extracted and replace, I bent the metal back down and used seam sealer to close it back up.  I don't know of any other way to deal with this kind of thing.  Also, be sure to put Anti-Sieze on the threads of the new cage nut and bolt in case you need to remove it again.

Good luck!!
Mike

Sometimes when the body bushing collapses over time, you can start to see an impression on the truck floor of the point of the bolt pushing up against the trunk floor.  It will look like a dimple.  Which side are you having trouble with?  Maybe I can get you a picture.

Thank guys, there were 2 dimples in the trunk and they were the bolts I was looking for. All replaced and done. These are pics of the spots in the trunk for the 2 just behind the rear wheels. now to repair the spots in the trunk..thanks for your help...

20201024_103751.jpg

20201024_103737.jpg

Just curious. Did you weld the new nuts in place or just tighten? Probably never have to get to them again so my question is irrelevant. But asking for my own curiosity. If you didn’t weld can you cut size appropriate holes and put in flat body plugs or would that look stupid and be to noticeable?